Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Weight
Hi, if you are reading this you most likely thought this would be a thread asking how to lose weight I assume.

However, I come to you today to ask how I could put on weight.

I am extremely skinny for my age and height, and there is absolutely no plausible reason for it.

Currently, I am 105.6 lbs, and 6' 2" tall.

This puts me at a whopping 13.6 BMI.

Emaciated = <15
Underweight = 15-18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

As you can see by the chart above, I am well within the range of 'emaciated'.

Why you ask?
Well quite frankly, I have no idea. It is not my eating habits, I eat more than the average person should even be able to handle. Anyone at my school that is known to be gluttonous eats less than me. I almost literally eat more than anyone in my school that I know, and I keep my diet healthy although large.

I am not physically inactive, I work hard outside during the summer at my job and get plenty of exercise.

Recently, I had my thyroid tested and my blood checked.
The only thing that the tests returned was that I was slightly low on Iron. (This also is unexplicable, as I eat plenty of foods that contain enough iron for me daily.)

So my question to you today is:

What could possibly be the cause? Do I have some sort of a tapeworm, or is that implausible?

Not to mention, I am still growing in height but my weight stays exactly where it's at.
I have absolutely no idea. I don't see how you could weigh that little..

You really should go see a doctor. You need a proper diagnosis.
Yeah, simple. I've got a hundred thousand on me I could sprinkle!

Tiny Tempah ;)
(06-04-2011, 02:55 AM)Richie Wrote: I have absolutely no idea. I don't see how you could weigh that little..

You really should go see a doctor. You need a proper diagnosis.

They just seem to blow it off or don't see anything wrong with it during my regular check-ups, although I never specifically bring it up.

I don't see how it's possible either, trust me, I question whether I actually do only weigh that much every time I check my weight.

My parents don't seem to be too worried about it, although they never worry about my health anyways (they have good judgement for the most part on when something is serious or not and stay calm at all times, so it's hard to read them).

Do you think it could be tapeworm related?
I guess so, I mean..

You're being serious you eat loads? Like LOADS. I used to be similar, but your metabolism shouldn't be so fast your BMI is 13!

Please go see a doctor..

Tiny Tempah ;)
(06-04-2011, 03:08 AM)Richie Wrote: I guess so, I mean..

You're being serious you eat loads? Like LOADS. I used to be similar, but your metabolism shouldn't be so fast your BMI is 13!

Please go see a doctor..

Yeah man, I swear this isn't a troll, I'd take a picture if I wasn't subject to staying anonymous on the internet.

My ribs don't poke out abnormally or anything and I don't look like I'm dying, but my arms and legs are extremely thin.

I plan on seeing a doctor soon now that I'm out of school for the summer.

It just seriously worries me because I'm almost 18 and I'm 6' 2" and only 105.6 lbs.

A lot of people tell me not to worry about it and that my metabolism will slow down eventually, but they don't know how much I weigh or my BMI, and normally they can't tell how thin I am because I always wear hoodies and jeans.
Damn dude, you really need to bulk up.

Well I wish you luck dude. Hopefully it does slow down, cos 105 lbs is super light. I'm 15, 5"6 and weight 124 and i'm nearly underweight :\.

Tiny Tempah ;)
Dang it, bro. What's your daily calorie intake? I'm 5'1" 15 turning 16 soon. 120 pounds.
(06-04-2011, 05:50 AM)Sykez Wrote: Dang it, bro. What's your daily calorie intake? I'm 5'1" 15 turning 16 soon. 120 pounds.

It's around 3000 if not above.

I once ate 2500 calories worth of food in one sitting.

I lost a pound that day -.-
That's really weird. How much calories do you burn from doing cardio?
From what I read and what I know in science you can get a more estimated reading from doing a "BMI" reading, that stands for Body Mass Index, I hope this helped you.
[Image: signaturera.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,081 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  I need to gain weight in faster manner ranzuWCB 3 1,390 12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: elizabeth35
  Need to lose weight Kr4z1 25 2,987 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bettymorris
  How to GAIN weight? SniperRiflezzzz 133 48,799 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: noval
  Trying to gain weight Sodomy 15 4,069 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM