Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to GAIN weight?
Well I'm 16 years old and i have a problem gaining weight. I am currently 115 pounds, but i would love to find a way to gain weight. I probably should ask my doctor, but i don't want to go to the doctors office just to ask the doctor on how to gain weight.

Any suggestions on how to gain weight?
You don't need to gain weight.

Just because everyone around you is fat doesn't mean you should be too.

And if you think you're going to gain weight just to burn it off to make muscle - it doesn't work that way.

I suggest reading this article: http://kidshealth.org/teen/nutrition/wei...eight.html

I'm currently 17 and weigh 130 and I weighed about 120 when I was 16. It's called a fast metabolism. It's normal.
Yep fast metabolism is a problem.
I have found there is largely no way to put weight on.
That said i do find that if you limit your eating habbits too only 2 or max 3 meals a day and no snacking helps.
I suffer from a fast metabolism also. Im 37 and still fit. Most my age are fat and wrinkling. I am not for this reason.
But i certainly found eating LESS!!! regularly but eating healthier when i did eat helped heaps.
Finally you could try weights to put mass on?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I would be careful if i was you.
At the moment your body is still growing, you may find attempts to put on weight now, will cause you problems in the future.
I was very skinny until the age of 22, before then i could eat anything (and i got into the habit of doing just that) then after 22 I put alot of weight on. More than i wanted.
So let your body finish growing, before you attempt any weight gain programs.
[Image: s1.jpg]
(10-04-2010, 12:14 AM)phire nuk3r Wrote: I would be careful if i was you.
At the moment your body is still growing, you may find attempts to put on weight now, will cause you problems in the future.
I was very skinny until the age of 22, before then i could eat anything (and i got into the habit of doing just that) then after 22 I put alot of weight on. More than i wanted.
So let your body finish growing, before you attempt any weight gain programs.

I dont 100% agree however its good advice.
I also have seen many mates who were skinny like me turn into fat asses within only a few years.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-03-2010, 11:21 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yep fast metabolism is a problem.

Where the hell did you come to this conclusion at?

Humans metabolisms are naturally high, only recently has everyone started to become fat lazy crap heads.
(10-04-2010, 05:39 AM)Sickshot Wrote: Where the hell did you come to this conclusion at?

Humans metabolisms are naturally high, only recently has everyone started to become fat lazy crap heads.

It can be a huge problem for some...
And I don't think calling people who don't have a high metabolism fat, lazy crap heads is really a very good thing to say.
(10-03-2010, 11:21 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yep fast metabolism is a problem.
I have found there is largely no way to put weight on.
That said i do find that if you limit your eating habbits too only 2 or max 3 meals a day and no snacking helps.
I suffer from a fast metabolism also. Im 37 and still fit. Most my age are fat and wrinkling. I am not for this reason.
But i certainly found eating LESS!!! regularly but eating healthier when i did eat helped heaps.
Finally you could try weights to put mass on?

Eh, I'm pretty sure that you can't get mass, if you don't have any fat. But that's my opinion.
(10-04-2010, 01:05 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: Eh, I'm pretty sure that you can't get mass, if you don't have any fat. But that's my opinion.

You don't need fat to make muscle.

You make muscle by tearing or "ripping" your muscle, then when it is repaired by your body it becomes stronger.

Trying to gain fat just to burn it off is a very bad idea.
You can just eat a whole bunch, of McDonalds. And everntually you will start to get fat.

But High metabolism has been said and that's the answer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,060 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  I need to gain weight in faster manner ranzuWCB 3 1,368 12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: elizabeth35
  Need to lose weight Kr4z1 25 2,916 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bettymorris
  Trying to gain weight Sodomy 15 4,039 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Alberto
  loosing weight in 30days [ updating every week ] Breakbot 10 1,759 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SoulCake.