Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on loosing weight?
Over the Summer I want to lose weight. Huh I guess I'm average not skinny but not too fat just I suppose chunky. lol, I'm tall and I like running which that sort of helps me reach my goal and all I have to help me (I guess) is a pair of weights that are like 15 pounds each and a punching bag. I think man bewbs are disturbing so that is one of the few reasons why I want to lose weight. Here's a pic of what my stomach sort of looks like.

[Image: controlling_cholesterol.jpg]

That sort of looks like my stomach but if you want to I'll take a picture of my stomach or something.
Keep running and hitting the bag. Also, do some pushups/situps when you wake up... not tons of them where you get to the point that you can't move your arms, just a set or two of each. That helps me a lot, anyway.
Thanks again Terridax! I really just want to be skinny I'll try this in Summer.
Holy crap @ that pic, I'm extremely scared of getting fat.

Anyway my protip is lots of freakin coffee/tea, Caffeine suppresses hunger, Every time your feeling hungry have a cuppa you'll soon get into the habbit of it but of course don't over do it.

In the winter I eat only dinner or on school days dinner + small lunch then in the summer I eat loads due to the amount of exercise I do. In the winter I mainly program and as sitting on the computer causes your brain to lose track of appetite you get hungry more often so it's quite a nice bit of exercise to walk down to the kitchen for a cup of tea which has very few calories ever now and then rather than filling yourself up with food. Also for exercise side I find swimming to be the best. Also don't do pushup, It's really a bad way to burn fat as its a lot more good at tiring than it is good at burning cals.

Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
Eating too much at once makes you fat.

Eat your cereal in morning, and then have 4 half sized meals spread throughout the day. This will get your metabolism up.
If making cereal and 4 different meals a day is too much of a handful then eat half your meal, and finish it 2 - 3 hours later.

Exercise is also good. Try and find something that gets you out of breath, and makes you feel the heat.
''Holy crap @ that pic, I'm extremely scared of getting fat.''

I lol'd , but I'm sort of skinnier than that. lol

OT:
Thanks for the advice guys!
I'm affraid of that picture,i think dieting is best way to lose your weight,otherwise you can run in morning,don't eat food contains lot of fat and calories,then you will be slim and look pretty much handsome.
Eat less , Exercise a lot. Mostly eat less sweet things
(05-24-2011, 04:50 AM)begginer Wrote: Eat less , Exercise a lot. Mostly eat less sweet things

Eating less isn't necessarily a good thing. Granted, if you eat more than you're supposed to, then yeah definitely cut back.
But, you should be eating 4-5 small meals a day, and then small snacks in between if you get hungry.

If you do eat more than you're supposed to, I find that in most cases it's because of boredom. When you get bored, you get hungry... even if your body doesn't need food. So keep yourself busy. Drink lots of water too, it's good for you, and it'll keep your stomach full so you don't get as hungry.
Lots of broscience in this thread.

I'll dispel a few of the lies people are throwing out.

1) timing of your meals means absolutely nothing, you can eat all 2000 (for example) calories in one sitting at midnight if you want, your body is designed to handle that.

2) fats are perfectly fine, yes even saturated ones.

3) losing weight doesn't need any type of cardio, it's a simple math equation really, if calories in are less than calories being used, you will burn fat.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,068 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  I need to gain weight in faster manner ranzuWCB 3 1,379 12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: elizabeth35
  Need to lose weight Kr4z1 25 2,936 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bettymorris
  How to GAIN weight? SniperRiflezzzz 133 48,248 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Last Post: noval
  Trying to gain weight Sodomy 15 4,056 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Alberto