Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member Feedback Questionnaire
Well said Fragma and thank you.
(05-25-2011, 01:00 PM)Fragma Wrote: Didn't realize you were a mod again Sam, congrats.

I don't think there is a need for another Admin.. Sam pretty much summed up the reasons behind it.
Omni has stated that he will be making some changes, so lets just be patient.

I believe in patience. But IMO (<--opinion) if Omni doesn't have the time then a second Admin wouldn't hurt at all. Awards and Groups seem to be the biggest talk right now which is where another Admin would come in. Obviously just having staff isn't enough if everyone is still talking about what 'needs' to be done to push SF forward.
Yes but the point is, that's perhaps an hour work. Omni said he is going to schedule some time in so patience is the key here. He said it was going to happen but now you all want a second admin to make it happen faster.
(05-25-2011, 01:18 PM)Sam Wrote: Yes but the point is, that's perhaps an hour work. Omni said he is going to schedule some time in so patience is the key here. He said it was going to happen but now you all want a second admin to make it happen faster.

The last time groups were made official was like 7months ago.. how long do you expect people to wait until they start feeling as if nothing is going to happen?
(05-25-2011, 01:18 PM)Sam Wrote: Omni said he is going to schedule some time in so patience is the key here.

He is saying that... and saying this... either I'm blind or still nothing happend.... uhmmm like... ain't going to happen...
This site will never progress, as it was never the plan to make it big. (true story)
(05-25-2011, 12:17 PM)Sam Wrote: To do what though? Staff can do everything to keep the forum running smoothly. We have quite allot of powers except the ability to make back end changes to the system. A second administrator would be useful for awards then groups. But after that there's no point.

Omniscient has already said he's planning to make changes soon and so although I have no problem with a second admin it just seems pointless at the moment.

I would agree more if we had allot more activity with other features that need maintaining. But Omniscient can easily leave this site in the hands of staff for a while, until users make suggestions like the ones in this thread that require an administrator. But this doesn't happen often.

Also Omniscient is pretty active anyway, he visits like everyday and answers PM's etc...? When he makes the changes he agrees too there isn't much else that needs doing.

You're not getting the bigger picture here, the forum can't run as efficiently if new groups are not made, awards are not given (with the exception of the feather) and updates to the theme and the forum itself can't even be done. I've ran my own successful forum before, I know a few things. We've had moderators like Solidus for the past year or so in the history of SF, and there's my proof for you, has that changed anything?

He visits the forum, but doesn't do much else other than read it like the sunday paper in my opinion. I'll be honest with what I say where I see it fit, and the forum does need a little push from him if he wants it to progress any farther. If not him, and he doesn't have the time, then a second admin is the next best option. It's one thing to answer a PM like you mentioned, but actions speak louder than words, if you keep replying to people, but don't do anything about it, how are they expected to believe you?

(05-25-2011, 01:18 PM)Sam Wrote: Yes but the point is, that's perhaps an hour work. Omni said he is going to schedule some time in so patience is the key here. He said it was going to happen but now you all want a second admin to make it happen faster.

He's been saying that since day 1 that I joined the forum from what i've seen. It should have happened back then in my opinion, so asking for something to change right about now isn't that unfair to him in my opinion. He's had months to do that, but he's said the same thing over and over every time.

If you're worried about going against him on this one because you might lose your staff position I could see where your opinions would come from, but mine stand from an unbiased and non-influenced source. My personal experience with many forums tells me that this forum won't do anything to progress. The only newer activity we get here is from that reward, but without that the forum wouldn't look like much.

I'd love to see the forum going at some point, but that won't happen if people just stand around and don't understand that it won't happen until changes are made, which can only be done from an administrators permissions. Sure mods can moderate a forum, but what's the point in that if nothing is improved? lol i'll make a forum of my own and promote everyone to a staff position and that won't change anything. The activity will stay the same I can guarantee it, with the exception of putting initiative and motivation for the people on the staff to keep coming back because they can feel the power.

There's absolutely no excuse, and no reason to deny the facts here, I help forums out, i've administered them, but anyone can see that a forum admin's job will never end, if you don't deal with the demands you aren't creating a better forum for the members and yourself. And I won't accept any other reason to say that my argument is incorrect because I know for a fact that it is.
I'm going to have to second Infinity's statement.

What we get from this thread is that we need more activity from an administrator. Whether it's from Omniscient or a second person, we need action. Since I joined, awards, groups being made official, and many other duties have been promised. I can say, with confidence, that none of these have happened. We don't need another moderator, we need an administrator. A new theme, giving out awards, creating new awards, etc. All I've seen from the moderators is the banning of spammers, and closing threads. They need their restrictions lifted, so that they are able to benefit the forums in ways that the members of the community are motivated to continue to stay active, and that the website progress further along.
(05-25-2011, 03:38 PM)Deltron Wrote: I'm going to have to second Infinity's statement.

What we get from this thread is that we need more activity from an administrator. Whether it's from Omniscient or a second person, we need action. Since I joined, awards, groups being made official, and many other duties have been promised. I can say, with confidence, that none of these have happened. We don't need another moderator, we need an administrator. A new theme, giving out awards, creating new awards, etc. All I've seen from the moderators is the banning of spammers, and closing threads. They need their restrictions lifted, so that they are able to benefit the forums in ways that the members of the community are motivated to continue to stay active, and that the website progress further along.

You same as Infinity, have just wasted your time typing.....
Omniscient obviously doesn't give a fudge about his members.... He'll probably come online, post one-liner (low-quality) post and close this thread so you can't state your opinion anymore.
We don't need a new theme or any more awards.
We just need more awards given out to deserving members and some more groups made official with their own section.
The theme is one which goes well with support and changing it might not be good.

Also any members which want a new theme why don't you recommend a theme which you think could suit and post it so Omni can look at it.

Having another admin will always help but it's something which isn't completely needed right now.
Obviously it would be nice to have an active posting admin which Omni used to be but he's clearly busy with other projects which you have to respect.

Also at the support feather I don't like it either but it shouldn't go because it's SF main source of new members. The spamming ones can be banned by mods.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
This is getting heated. To be honest I say wait until Monday. Omni said this weekend he'll set time out for SF and it doesn't happen we have a right to complain. As of right now he said he'd do it so let's see where it gets us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 445 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,872 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,883 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP. Peter L 36 9,154 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Extornia
  [Feedback] Hackforums compared to Supportforums! Deadmau5 118 46,267 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Metapod