Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone,

It seems as the support sections are inactive. Most sections, other than the Visual Basic and the .NET Framework, or Emotional Support rarely have any tutorials (Even though tutorials are not important in this type of forum) or support requests. People would rather post in the lounge, and such. This is not good, because I joined in hopes of providing support on a forum similar to HF, because I love helping others.

Thanks for reading.

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
So you're saying all sections, bar Visual Basic and the .NET Framework & Emotional Support, are inactive?? Maybe you just don't come on here enough because I'm here everyday and completely disagree with you.

Obviously on a forum as big as HF, you're going to get more activity... This forum has nowhere near as many members. If you feel there's a lack of tutorials or support threads, then make some yourself?
Well, I dislike writing tutorials. I just enjoy replying to threads.

If you check out the Computer Support Topics, you can see that most threads are older than 78 hours. Most of them were older and bumped. Same thing with most of Coding Support's section. Webmaster Support and the Home tabs are probably the only active tabs.
(02-07-2012, 08:13 AM)Cronus Wrote: Well, I dislike writing tutorials. I just enjoy replying to threads.

If you check out the Computer Support Topics, you can see that most threads are older than 78 hours. Most of them were older and bumped. Same thing with most of Coding Support's section. Webmaster Support and the Home tabs are probably the only active tabs.

To be quite honest with you, the .NET section is also quite inactive. I think you actually need to have a look around the site and realise that there is activity outside of the sections you mentioned. Of course this site is going to be like HF, here's why:

90 percent of active members dislike that community
SF doesn't have an active userbase like HF
80 percent of those that come over either bitch about this site not being like HF or just spam.

So, in most ways, I'm glad this forum isn't like HF, I just wish we had an active userbase as big as theirs.
Also the fact that you don't want to write tutorials for those sections that you so badly want to be active, tells us everything.
Hmm. I'm not bitching or anything. I am just stating my opinion about the lack of activity. Did I ever mention that HF was better than SF? Nope. In-fact, I hate it when you reply to a thread on HF helping out, and your post will be disregarded.

Like I said, I dislike writing tutorials. This is SupportForums, not TutorialForums. People come here to seek assistance, not learn from tutorials. I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but this is just some feedback.

(02-07-2012, 07:24 AM)Cronus Wrote: Hello everyone,

It seems as the support sections are inactive. Most sections, other than the Visual Basic and the .NET Framework, or Emotional Support rarely have any tutorials (Even though tutorials are not important in this type of forum) or support requests. People would rather post in the lounge, and such. This is not good, because I joined in hopes of providing support on a forum similar to HF, because I love helping others.

Thanks for reading.

I would have to disagree with almost everything you've said here. I'm a very active member here, and from what I see, the emotional support sections are the most active places on the forum here. And the VB.NET and coding sections are hardly active at all.
That's my point. Only the Emotional Support section is active, when talking about "Support" related forums. I think some might've misunderstood my OP.
(02-07-2012, 09:33 AM)Cronus Wrote: Hmm. I'm not bitching or anything. I am just stating my opinion about the lack of activity. Did I ever mention that HF was better than SF? Nope. In-fact, I hate it when you reply to a thread on HF helping out, and your post will be disregarded.

I know, that's why I'll always prefer this forum over that one. Also, I wasn't referring to you exactly, it was referring to most of the members who join up from HF. It wasn't a direct hit, at least wasn't intended to be.

(02-07-2012, 09:33 AM)Cronus Wrote: Like I said, I dislike writing tutorials. This is SupportForums, not TutorialForums. People come here to seek assistance, not learn from tutorials. I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but this is just some feedback.

I understand, but writing a tutorial for something that others may need help with, is supporting them? I've wrote up a few tutorials for SF and was happy with the amount of support I gave people with them. Hence the reason for my shiny silver award. Smile
Last time I went into the .NET section it seemed pretty active, but I guess I was looking at the hot threads.
(02-08-2012, 09:31 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I understand, but writing a tutorial for something that others may need help with, is supporting them? I've wrote up a few tutorials for SF and was happy with the amount of support I gave people with them. Hence the reason for my shiny silver award. Smile

Yeah, don't get me wrong, tutorials are great! It's just that I'd rather assist someone directly, then write a tutorial that will be archived in a couple of days.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 437 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  About these sections Kewlz 2 954 06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,861 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Member Feedback Questionnaire Skill 44 9,492 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781
  Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP. Peter L 36 9,110 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Extornia