Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member Feedback Questionnaire
(05-24-2011, 10:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: Solidus didn't do anything drastic while he was an admin on HF. And he's an owner of 2 other forums that I know of, so i'd nominate him firstly.

I second this statement.
I would also like to see Solidus as an Administrator over here at SF. Under Omniscient's circumstances and the large demand that HF has, having Solidus as Administrator could really help push SF forward. Also, the trust is already there as Solidus has worked with Omniscient in the past without problem.

Anyways, it's not up to us to decide who we'd like to see as a secondary Administrator. I wouldn't usually back such recommendations but I know Omniscient and Solidus have a somewhat trusting bond.

[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I think Solidus should be an administrator as well. So I third (or is this fourth?) this suggestion.
If Omniscient needed a second administrator, I don't think there would be any hesitation in choosing Solidus.
The above comments are nice to read.
You're the go to guy aren't you though mate. Previous admin experience on a massive forum with Omni.

Don't forget though Omniscient hasn't actually said he needs a second admin. Yes he's busy but he's always busy.
(05-25-2011, 09:56 AM)Sam Wrote: If Omniscient needed a second administrator, I don't think there would be any hesitation in choosing Solidus.

He hasn't said it, but he needs it in my opinion. He's hardly ever on, and moderators can't do a lot other than moderate the forum.

(05-25-2011, 10:29 AM)Sam Wrote: You're the go to guy aren't you though mate. Previous admin experience on a massive forum with Omni.

Don't forget though Omniscient hasn't actually said he needs a second admin. Yes he's busy but he's always busy.

That's my point, which is why a second admin should be considered
To do what though? Staff can do everything to keep the forum running smoothly. We have quite allot of powers except the ability to make back end changes to the system. A second administrator would be useful for awards then groups. But after that there's no point.

Omniscient has already said he's planning to make changes soon and so although I have no problem with a second admin it just seems pointless at the moment.

I would agree more if we had allot more activity with other features that need maintaining. But Omniscient can easily leave this site in the hands of staff for a while, until users make suggestions like the ones in this thread that require an administrator. But this doesn't happen often.

Also Omniscient is pretty active anyway, he visits like everyday and answers PM's etc...? When he makes the changes he agrees too there isn't much else that needs doing.
Sam is sort of right. He does go on daily and answer PMs. But if there WAS to be a 2nd admin; obviously Solidus.

Also Sam, welcome back to the team!
Didn't realize you were a mod again Sam, congrats.

I don't think there is a need for another Admin.. Sam pretty much summed up the reasons behind it.
Omni has stated that he will be making some changes, so lets just be patient.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 445 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,872 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,882 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP. Peter L 36 9,154 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Extornia
  [Feedback] Hackforums compared to Supportforums! Deadmau5 118 46,255 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Metapod