Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protein Shakes necessary?
(05-16-2011, 07:22 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: 154lbs so around 154 grams of protein every day, the meals you mentioned would probably only be around 100 grams, hard to say without exact measurements of how much you're eating of each.

You could benefit from 2 shakes a day to get that extra 50 grams or so., or of course you could simply add another meal in there wherever to make up for that.

Hmmm I think you're right, I should probably take a shake after gym :S
Thanks!
[Image: iGvZI.png]
Try having a shake as soon as you wake up ( right before gym) and one right after your workout to supply your body with the protein and nutrients it just lost from the workout; It also helps build muscle.
[Image: No7g5.png]
(05-20-2011, 10:34 AM)Thoth Wrote: Rumor has it that you don't give a fudge.

Ofcourse they aren't necessary but I would say you will certainly notice the difference and thats wqhy so many people use them Smile
A combination of protein + Creatine will really help you build muscle. Be aware if you take protein without working out alot you will gain fat not muscle.
I have been drinking protein shakes for awhile after working out now. I use a brand called "Monster Milk" it has around 52g of protein per shake. If I dont use protein shakes, after workouts my arms and body feel very soar and tired. With protein shakes I noticed my body repairs quicker and packs on the muscle quicker.
Not at all, but your body only needs a certain amount of protein per day. Protein shakes during exercise is that the ingested protein will automatically be converted into muscle.

My mom used to always make me protein shakes they were so good and they made my body feel good but I would drink it after my workout..not sure why lol
Am I High Yet? Wacko
No you don't need protein shakes! You can get enough protein needed for your body out of regular food.Protein shakes are waste of money and most of them are crap and not worth the cash.Scrambled eggs mixed with tuna is high protein meal.Great for your start of a day.
[Image: masterfan25805212672368.png]
Strange Music
IIFYM - If It Fits Your Macros.

IIFYM then yes, you can drink your protein shake.

Remember, basic protein requirement could be either 1xbodyweight or 1xleanbodymass.
[Image: 999d53.png]
‹Affordable • High Quality • Friendly Service›
‹Signatures • Banners • Thread Designs • Company Logos›

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whey Protein: GOOD or BAD? SniperRiflezzzz 49 15,817 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Hardcore Blaster
  Protein for good health. Deris bovin 12 1,587 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Patrick
  Shakes Drinks etc.. Darkside92 9 1,333 07-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Last Post: masterfan
  Protein Shakes Fragma 30 6,740 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM