Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whey Protein: GOOD or BAD?
So I've started to work out a bunch here recently and I'm still skinny from my previous thread. My cousin has tried this stuff called whey protein and he loves it. He thinks that would be a better solution for me. Has anyone used it or tried it? And if so does anyone have any side effects?
You only need protien if you dont get enough of it through eating you're normal meals, for example if your a big guy and you want to gain muscle you need alot of it to gain, otherwise all you're really doing is becoming stronger but you wont physically see any difference in you're body.....depending on how much you eat, you can take protein shakes as supplements and theres not really and side affects because all it really is...for example imagine have a piece of chicken in liquid form its got all the same amount of protien in it...also if you want to build muscle and get lean eat TUNA its nothing but protein.

Source....ive been working out for the last 2 years.

hope this helps.
Remember you need more food in general, eating lots of protein is a start but you also need healthy fats to build muscle and usually carbs to fuel the entire process.

Whey protein is natural and 100% safe, just don't have more than 2-3 shakes a day.
As long as you use that extra protein, it will help to build you muscles. You can't however, drink whey protein without doing exercise and have you muscles build up.
(07-23-2011, 01:41 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Remember you need more food in general, eating lots of protein is a start but you also need healthy fats to build muscle and usually carbs to fuel the entire process.

Whey protein is natural and 100% safe, just don't have more than 2-3 shakes a day.

My cousin usually drinks it after the workout. I don't know if that's how your suppose to do it or that's when your suppose to drink it.
Before and after the gym is what most people do, but it all depends on how much you need. If you need futher help go to the place where you would purchase it from and ask the seller because their job is to know everything about it.
(07-23-2011, 09:58 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: My cousin usually drinks it after the workout. I don't know if that's how your suppose to do it or that's when your suppose to drink it.
In fact it's best to take 2 shakes a day(your body is in catabolism right after you wake up and after you finish your gym exercises).So you should take 1 shake right after you wake up,and the other shake right after you finish your gym program.Sorry for my english,but english is not my first language.
[Image: 258yz37.png]
(07-24-2011, 05:47 AM)Evil Stewie Wrote: In fact it's best to take 2 shakes a day(your body is in catabolism right after you wake up and after you finish your gym exercises).So you should take 1 shake right after you wake up,and the other shake right after you finish your gym program.Sorry for my english,but english is not my first language.

Your English is fine. I plan on getting it tomorrow and use it for approximately two weeks. And see if I get any results.
Just curious are you trying to get fat to turn into muscle? If so I know a couple diets you can try.
(07-24-2011, 11:35 AM)Depth Wrote: Just curious are you trying to get fat to turn into muscle? If so I know a couple diets you can try.

Fat doesn't turn into muscle, get your facts straight. To build muscle your body needs protein from your diet and some fats, once again, from your diet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protein Shakes necessary? 101 18 3,267 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Retrotiger
  Protein for good health. Deris bovin 12 1,584 07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Patrick
  Protein Shakes Fragma 30 6,695 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Frowneyface