Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Spammer Activity
I agree with adding a new moderator. Maybe instead of removing the feather, just make it "Unavailable as of now" or something.
[Image: 2i7y71t.png]
(09-11-2011, 01:49 PM)Derail Wrote: It'll be good if there would be more moderators for this kind of work.

We had 4 to begin with, but 2 were hardly active at all, you could have put kept them as mod and they wouldn't have been any more useful to the forum than a regular member, so they got removed.

(09-11-2011, 02:17 PM)Jamieee Wrote: I agree with adding a new moderator. Maybe instead of removing the feather, just make it "Unavailable as of now" or something.

Wouldn't that be a temporary removal? If you're postponing it, I don't see how it would do any good later on down the road if it was activated again personally. We've got activity, but that feather isn't doing any good because people sign up and leave after they hit the 100 anyway. No point in trying to get the members to join with the support feather, only some decide to stay, but fewer from what i've noticed.

I could see it's purpose for content, but content doesn't do much good either when 80% of the posts from people trying for the award are illegible, unhelpful, or some other category of a junk post. I wouldn't look at this as a very helpful support forum if I seen google indexing the majority of the forum with comments like "Nice share bro" "Yeah dude I agree, that's definitely what you should do, just do it"
(09-11-2011, 02:22 PM)Ace Wrote: Wouldn't that be a temporary removal? If you're postponing it, I don't see how it would do any good later on down the road if it was activated again personally. We've got activity, but that feather isn't doing any good because people sign up and leave after they hit the 100 anyway. No point in trying to get the members to join with the support feather, only some decide to stay, but fewer from what i've noticed.

I could see it's purpose for content, but content doesn't do much good either when 80% of the posts from people trying for the award are illegible, unhelpful, or some other category of a junk post. I wouldn't look at this as a very helpful support forum if I seen google indexing the majority of the forum with comments like "Nice share bro" "Yeah dude I agree, that's definitely what you should do, just do it"

It wouldn't be temporary removal as such. Just like the youtube award "This award is no longer available to members."

I see your point with the majority of the people coming and spamming on SF. It wont show a very good impression to people, but it will get SF more viewers as there will be much more posts.

[Image: 2i7y71t.png]
I agree completely. Anybody (Ace, Sam, Fragma, Solidus) who was actively posting around 4-5 months knows members were helping out, contributing, and benefiting the forum with quality posts and tutorials. Now I know for a fact that 90% of those members left or post horribly (I admit, like myself as of now..starting issues and not improving the community) because clicking "View New Posts" is no longer satisfying and I cannot keep a conversation going without spam or incompetency.

It can only get worse unless something is done. It literally takes under 10 minutes to promote either Ace/Fragma/anybody Solidus, Sam, or Skill suggested or simply make a public announcement on both forums that the support feather is no longer being awarded and SF is still open to join, but you will not receive an award for it. JL, there is literally no reason for this to still be going on.

Everybody was excited when you added the forums for one group (emotional helpers) and promoted Solidus. We thought "finally we're getting moving with Support Forums." Not one update since. I know 90% of the suggestions on here are absolute crap but the other 10% would genuinely improve the quality on SF and activity as well.

All the staff agree they want stuff done. They have all publicly (and probably privately) said all they need is your confirmation. Just give it to them, it doesn't take months to think of a decision like this. You can trust them I'm sure, otherwise they wouldn't be on your staff team.

Time to do something.

edit: As of now, to current staff; can you please start getting rid of crappy threads? Honestly, threads like
  • "I'm Leaving" threads
  • Marketplace threads copied DIRECTLY from HF (this makes the Marketplace absolutely useless)
  • "cegonsoft india" threads..obvious spammer
  • HackForum threads..they should be unapproved/JUNKED not locked..it really does not help by locking it. It's still there and whenever I see "Hack Forums" in a thread title or post it pisses me off.
  • These shitty "money making methods" in the money making section. Mostly spam links/horrible methods. Lowers SF quality and looks horrible. I can't really stress this enough.
  • Threads by members like Breshie, Emotional, etc. Just LQ and all "try-hard like." I honestly can't figure out how to describe it. It's just disgusting. Go look at their threads and you'll see.

There's probably more, but nobody who can/will do anything will read this so who cares..
(09-11-2011, 06:18 AM)Solidus Wrote: Exactly what I suggested.

(09-11-2011, 07:04 AM)Sam Wrote: It's about time the award went I think, we've got good activity and if it goes we can get back to the really HQ SF.

Even your own damn staff agree Omni, seriously please do something about it!!

I have no clue why I'm posting this, he doesn't care about this forum.
Breshie that's a bold statement to make. Don't overstep your boundaries..
Yea, this is so true. I just came back from a break i checked the "today's posts" and i can tell right away theirs a spammer. I mean holy crap theirs like 7 pages of new posts that's impossible for SF. Well it but it's even hard on busy days. Also i don't want to point any fingers but.. a lot of it is

[Image: hand_point.png]SaNƹ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 14,993 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS King 5 1,368 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: King
  "Spammer trying to get the award" thread YNL 3 1,027 08-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Last Post: 0ld_F4T_N!gg4™
  Reporting Malicious Activity? Resistance 6 1,107 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Spammer loose. Gone 4 729 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk