Support Forums

Full Version: More Spammer Activity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Over the past few day's i've been noticing the spammer trend for the feather increase. And without any mods around because it happens more frequently now, something usually doesn't get done until the today's posts thread query fills up with 2-3 and sometimes even 4 (on my count) pages worth of junk one liner posts on old threads. Some of which were even as far back as 2008. Some spammers just don't care, and it's gotten to the point where even if the feather does do good for the forum's activity, what good is it (for how silly it looks) when you end up banning %60-%80 of the members trying for the award?

Just because the award exists and it's becoming more popular for HF members to get, you need to have either:

A) Super active moderators
or
B) More moderators

And that's just to account for the feather to try and maintain the quality of the forum here before it turns into a dusty old archive of LQ posts that don't make any sense, are irrelevant to the Original post, or don't do any good for the thread itself (which is almost about the best you can get with this kind of spam). You only get maybe 1 or 2 out of every 8-10 spammers from what i've seen that are decent members who don't spam because they actually have the time to read the rules instead of focusing on that feather goal.

Very very silly, and now more than ever something really needs to be changed. Over the past 3 or 4 days, i've came back and noticed the today's post link full of 3-4 pages of spammers, and unlike before, now it's usually a combination of 2-3 spammers consistently.

This can't be ignored anymore. No excuses as I see it, it was manageable a while back when the forum was less noticeable, but now that it's becoming more noticeable to that HF world, you can't keep using the same old methods to better this site, because it seems to be doing more bad with the increase in spammer flow here.

~Ace

This is one of the main reasons that I've decided to come on here less often. I'm actually getting really annoyed by it.
There's days where I come on the forum, have a little look through the "New Posts" pages, and all I see is a bunch of spammers bumping ancient threads. Also, as the amount of spammers here increases, so does the amount of flaming & arguments.

In truth, this forum is never going to be a professional forum for support if this matter isn't dealt with soon.
lol, I couldn't imagine an HF forum with the title "SupportForums"
I've already asked to recruit a new moderator and received no response.
I too have made a new moderator suggestion to help deal with the spamming.
My suggestion would be choosing a person who could take over an opposite timezone to account for the times that the current moderators aren't on, if he added a new. Although if it was up to me I would remove the feather award, but it's not lol
Exactly what I suggested.
Yeh I think the major issue here is the feather award, however if Omni isn't willing to remove it yet, then a new moderator would be the next best thing.
It's about time the award went I think, we've got good activity and if it goes we can get back to the really HQ SF.
It'll be good if there would be more moderators for this kind of work.
Pages: 1 2