Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Support Forums - Activity
Okay, so as we all know SF has been a bit dead lately and there has been no real activity among the forum. I was thinking, maybe If Omniscient put some time in to properly advertise Support Forums that we may thrive once again like we once did in 2010-2011.

It's a real shame to see a forum with so much potential go down in activity and It's a forum I love dearly. Maybe making an official thread on HF to advertise Support Forums may help out. The new Staff Member decision was a great and wise one.

If Omniscient can't and doesn't have the time to keep the Twitter account updated then why not let someone else handle it? Keep the updates flowing and make sure members know Support Forums. Maybe a shoutout on the HF Twitter about SupportForums would drag and attract members to come here. Members come and go and we don't want that.. We want members to come and stay and not to even have thoughts about leaving.

I know that most of Omniscients time goes on his main project which we all know is Hack Forums but maybe putting a few hours a day towards SF would be extremely helpful. I know that Omniscient is a very busy person and has to juggle all these things at once and I know how hard that can be but Support Forums right now needs a bit of maintenance and a bit of loving care should we say.

I'm not ranting about the forum because I do love Support Forums and It's potential is huge. I just wish we were more active and had members coming and staying rather than coming and going. A few groups need new leaders also due to their inactivity around the forum, I won't point out which ones as I'm sure we're all aware of which ones. Just places here and there need work on and need activity flowing into them.

Like I said I just wanted to express how I felt about activity, not raging at people. I just think I needed to say this.
If Omniscient won't, then its time we take matters into our own hands. We should start posting more around the forum and livening it up so new members feel like joining it. I mean, we have a hundred guests every hour. Surely some of them have the potential to be great members, right? Smile
(05-11-2012, 11:00 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: If Omniscient won't, then its time we take matters into our own hands. We should start posting more around the forum and livening it up so new members feel like joining it. I mean, we have a hundred guests every hour. Surely some of them have the potential to be great members, right? Smile

I completely agree, I've been posting around in sections I normally don't to try and boost activity as a whole forum.
We need a Ibf/xerotic type of person for SF, who would takeover everything and give it a push.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Well, us ancients around here need to step up the game. If Omni can't advertise, then we do. More or less, WE are the forum. Omni made the forum, nurtured the forum, and pretty much let it be for awhile; so that makes US the bearers of the forums needs. I appreciate what Omni has done for this forum, but likewise, I also believe we are the ones responsible for it's futurity.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I'm down for boosting activity and stuff. It's what I'm trying to do.
(05-11-2012, 11:22 AM)Diabolic Wrote: I'm down for boosting activity and stuff. It's what I'm trying to do.
Then take the initiative to make more /quality/ posts. We can make threads all day about what we /should/ do, but that does not constitute what we /are/ doing.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
I sent a private message to Omni regarding Activity earlier, he didn't reply. Maybe idea was bad.

Wear this on HF.
Code:
[url=http://supportforums.net][img]http://www.supportforums.net/mybbsig.php[/img][/url]
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Well then what's do what us as the members of Support Forums should do.

I made this thread as a kick start for members to try and help out around the forum and to be active.
Also to inform Omniscient of my thoughts.
When I check http://www.supportforums.net/search.php?action=getnew I want to see that my posts are acknowledged and that someone cares about what I have to say. When I see nothing on that page, I get bored and find other alternatives.
That's how other people feel when they look at that page. Keep that in mind when you make posts and threads.

That's how communities are made and people stay -- care, companionship, honour, respect, and proximity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,935 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,835 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,562 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,848 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  Support Forums Video Peter L 4 1,280 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity