Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick, Need Suggestions (Food, Drinks)
Woot! Finally starting to feel better! Warm tea and honey worked really actually and I took it last night, today I felt better throughout the day. Will take a couple days to get back to full speed though... been lacking on HJT training Sad
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
I'm not sure if there's anything written about it, but a glass of wine or a cruiser can help alleviate a fever.

Anyways, if your throat hurts bad, and if you notice your joints start to hurt a little when you do strenuous activities, you might have the flu. You can drink some orange juice and eat lots of bell peppers for the vit. C if you don't want to take pills. For meds, I'd take ibuprofen or paracetamol thrice a day if I were you.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
Okay guys, I've actually felt worse today then the days before... I think yesterday was a break. I had what my mom called "rattles"? She used to be a nurses assistant, but she isn't very knowledgeable on fixes lol...

I had popping sounds in my throat when I breathed, didn't go away during hard coughing fits or drinking large amounts of water.

Any other tips would be nice!

I'm thinking of taking my chances with a doctor's visit and hope it won't cost too much :/
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
(04-15-2011, 10:59 PM)Veryx Wrote: Okay guys, I've actually felt worse today then the days before... I think yesterday was a break. I had what my mom called "rattles"? She used to be a nurses assistant, but she isn't very knowledgeable on fixes lol...

I had popping sounds in my throat when I breathed, didn't go away during hard coughing fits or drinking large amounts of water.

Any other tips would be nice!

I'm thinking of taking my chances with a doctor's visit and hope it won't cost too much :/

You got phlegm? Try taking the things I listed in my post above, and if you do have phlegm, take Ambroxol, it's an antibiotic, not expensive. If you're really sick, with fever and all, you should go to the doctor.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
(04-19-2011, 10:53 PM)Mao Wrote: You got phlegm? Try taking the things I listed in my post above, and if you do have phlegm, take Ambroxol, it's an antibiotic, not expensive. If you're really sick, with fever and all, you should go to the doctor.

I did go to the doctor today, I have pneumonia :'( and he gave me generic ZITHROMAX. I only take it for 6 days, and it keeps working for 10. Pretty good in my opinion. But that and the inhaler make my mouth taste like crap (sorry) when I cough. It's working though on day 1, my coughs bring up more phlegm than not which means it's working. Smile
Drink a lot of water and get good rest. OJ is Good too. Or get some vitamins.
Eat honey and warm chicken soup. Take Panadol Cold and Flue capsules. Drink plenty of cold water and tea.
That's what gets me through it, GL! Smile
[Image: iGvZI.png]
Have some ice cream for the sore throat. It soothes it. Also tea and honey would help it also.
I've heard that boiling some wine and then drinking it will do good. Otherwise, drink a lot of juice.
[Image: ?uh=6167676F75726173&u3=7823656]
(04-23-2011, 09:41 AM)aggouras Wrote: I've heard that boiling some wine and then drinking it will do good. Otherwise, drink a lot of juice.

I have never heard this before. Would you mind stating source? Thanks for the advice though, I'm still looking for tips haha...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  consume more food before death Miku 4 1,125 01-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Miku
  Your favorite food? Mono 103 19,782 07-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Last Post: bettymorris
  Pussy Drinks | New Energy Drink!? BreShiE 44 11,005 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Anyone like, energy drinks. Drakee 32 2,890 01-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Last Post: LancerImpact
  Shakes Drinks etc.. Darkside92 9 1,371 07-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Last Post: masterfan