Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why such a big ad thing in the header
(04-03-2011, 08:01 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: LOL

(04-03-2011, 08:00 PM)RDCA Wrote: Who are you? Also omni makes a crap load of money off these sites, witch is no problem with me in fact, it makes me happy. But he doesn't need such a big ad right in the middle of the page. Im not saying to get rid of the add, just to either move it to the bottom off the page or just make it a little bit smaller.

He is Scalise. And once again it is not in the middle of the page. If it was at the bottom no one would want it. It's really not a big deal.
I wasn't being literal about the who are you. I was saying that for some reason witch is unknown to me he thinks he is different than the rest of us. Also fine, it was just a suggestion, there is no more need of discussion.
I'm sure Omni will give us an explanation for the Ad's appearance at some point. That's what all the good admins usually do. Confront their members.

Just keep your pants on, and patience is the key lol. Smile
(04-03-2011, 08:05 PM)RDCA Wrote: I wasn't being literal about the who are you. I was saying that for some reason witch is unknown to me he thinks he is different than the rest of us. Also fine, it was just a suggestion, there is no more need of discussion.

I'm a member just like you.

The only difference is that I don't complain about petty issues. I'm glad to be part of this community for free, and can care less if there's a signature sized box on the page, seeing you click right past it.

And good luck making a living off managing a forum, especially when you're trying to support a family.
I don't splel check.
(04-03-2011, 08:05 PM)RDCA Wrote: He is Scalise. And once again it is not in the middle of the page. If it was at the bottom no one would want it. It's really not a big deal.
I wasn't being literal about the who are you. I was saying that for some reason witch is unknown to me he thinks he is different than the rest of us. Also fine, it was just a suggestion, there is no more need of discussion.

[/quote]

Lol he doesnt't think that. Just the fact that youre complaining about something that isnt a big deal when this awesome site is offered for you to use is free makes you seen ungrateful like he said.
(04-03-2011, 08:11 PM)Scalise Wrote: I'm a member just like you.

The only difference is that I don't complain about petty issues. I'm glad to be part of this community for free, and can care less if there's a signature sized box on the page, seeing you click right past it.

And good luck making a living off managing a forum, especially when you're trying to support a family.

He said he'd be happy to pay for an upgrade that makes the advertisement go away. I don't see how he's bitching. I don't the like the ad space either.
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
I don't even mind the adspace, Ads only annoy me when you get used to seeing an actual Ad. This is just a box with some text for now.

In general though, I can get by with seeing a few ads here and there as long as they aren't distracting, like most of the animated ones that you see on the net.
(04-03-2011, 08:13 PM)Gadget Wrote: He said he'd be happy to pay for an upgrade that makes the advertisement go away. I don't see how he's bitching. I don't the like the ad space either.
Thank you, some one who under stands what I mean.
(04-03-2011, 06:07 PM)Deltron Wrote: I am not seeing it. Maybe I have AdBlock Plus blocking it. Big Grin

Yeah must be it, kinda like when there is a CPALead page. Thank you!
Tbh, the ad is perfectly fine. I was wondering what it was doing there. Besides, atm, I don't see any flashy company logos atm; it's just a beige block of nothing. So leave it alone guys, and be thankful we have this forum for free. Stop looking at the stupid, unimportant, minute details, and look moreso into the great privilege we have here.
Signature limit - Staff.
(04-03-2011, 08:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: having upgraded to VIP for example doesn't make the member any more unequal than a regular registered user. That's just the common conscious thought on HF while it's been placed on that site. People like to think that way, so I think that's were more of the problem would reside.

Yeh that's what I meant. You explained it a lot better than I did lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,996 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  A Big Thanks to you Omniscient. Industrialized™ 12 1,786 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Malmoc
  Can't put my MSN on the list thing Reality 4 669 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sam
  One thing I love about SupportForums Support 46 6,320 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Last Post: TeeCp
  The whole "It's dead here thing" Uhriventis 3 984 01-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Jake