Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why such a big ad thing in the header
(04-03-2011, 06:42 PM)RDCA Wrote: Yes but its right in the middle of the page, its pretty big as well.

Use AdBlock Plus, then.
(04-03-2011, 05:42 PM)Fragma Wrote: I'm pretty sure this has been suggested so many times in the past and it hasn't gone down well.
In my opinion, and I'm sure the opinion of many others here, members on Support Forums should all be equal.

Agreed, no one should be higher than another.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-03-2011, 07:38 PM)C0de_Override Wrote: Agreed, no one should be higher than another.
I am saying just to get rid of ads, no other power.
Stop whining, it's not even in the middle of the page. Be thankful Omni doesn't put ads in between posts like some sites do, that drives me crazy.
(04-03-2011, 07:44 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Stop whining, it's not even in the middle of the page. Be thankful Omni doesn't put ads in between posts like some sites do, that drives me crazy.
If I was whining I wouldn't try to suggest something, i am doing something called reasoning, also I know it could be worse but still, why so big and right in the middle.
He's paying out of his pocket to keep these sites hosted for you guys and you're complaining about an insignificant ad that brings in some revenue?

HA. Ungrateful little shits...
I don't splel check.
(04-03-2011, 07:57 PM)Scalise Wrote: He's paying out of his pocket to keep these sites hosted for you guys and you're complaining about an insignificant ad that brings in some revenue?

Who are you? Also omni makes a crap load of money off these sites, witch is no problem with me in fact, it makes me happy. But he doesn't need such a big ad right in the middle of the page. Im not saying to get rid of the add, just to either move it to the bottom off the page or just make it a little bit smaller.
(04-03-2011, 07:57 PM)Scalise Wrote: He's paying out of his pocket to keep these sites hosted for you guys and you're complaining about an insignificant ad that brings in some revenue?

LOL

(04-03-2011, 08:00 PM)RDCA Wrote: Who are you? Also omni makes a crap load of money off these sites, witch is no problem with me in fact, it makes me happy. But he doesn't need such a big ad right in the middle of the page. Im not saying to get rid of the add, just to either move it to the bottom off the page or just make it a little bit smaller.

He is Scalise. And once again it is not in the middle of the page. If it was at the bottom no one would want it. It's really not a big deal.
(04-03-2011, 05:42 PM)Fragma Wrote: I'm pretty sure this has been suggested so many times in the past and it hasn't gone down well.
In my opinion, and I'm sure the opinion of many others here, members on Support Forums should all be equal.

having upgraded to VIP for example doesn't make the member any more unequal than a regular registered user. That's just the common conscious thought on HF while it's been placed on that site. People like to think that way, so I think that's were more of the problem would reside.

We'll just have to see what Omni says, I thought I heard him make a few comments on upgrading members, but I can't remember his specific opinion on the subject. I was wondering why the Ad page was there as well, I thought my internet cache was messing up while I was still a guest that was not signed in on the forum lol. Usually the ad area goes away after signing in. But I guess it's not just me.
(04-03-2011, 08:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: having upgraded to VIP for example doesn't make the member any more unequal than a regular registered user. That's just the common conscious thought on HF while it's been placed on that site. People like to think that way, so I think that's were more of the problem would reside.

We'll just have to see what Omni says, I thought I heard him make a few comments on upgrading members, but I can't remember his specific opinion on the subject. I was wondering why the Ad page was there as well, I thought my internet cache was messing up while I was still a guest that was not signed in on the forum lol. Usually the ad area goes away after signing in. But I guess it's not just me.

It used to only show up for guests but I guess he changed it.
If we had upgraded members I don't think it'd be like it is on HF. I doubt anyone will feel like upgraded members are better than others here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,990 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  A Big Thanks to you Omniscient. Industrialized™ 12 1,786 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Malmoc
  Can't put my MSN on the list thing Reality 4 669 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sam
  One thing I love about SupportForums Support 46 6,320 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Last Post: TeeCp
  The whole "It's dead here thing" Uhriventis 3 982 01-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Jake