Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Overclocking Guide
Thanks a lot, I had no idea. I always wanted to overlock my laptop. Now I just need to get a fan to put under it and I am set.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Deltron, I have a question, if I have a laptop can I use a laptop cooling lounge? Its basically a large pad with a fan under it to keep the temperature low.
(03-06-2011, 06:57 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Deltron, I have a question, if I have a laptop can I use a laptop cooling lounge? Its basically a large pad with a fan under it to keep the temperature low.

Of course! I would recommend it.

If you have the money, try getting this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834998051
What processor do you have, and what is the highest you have Overclocked? Also what kind of cooling system do you have?
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-07-2011, 09:32 PM)Codad Law Wrote: What processor do you have, and what is the highest you have Overclocked? Also what kind of cooling system do you have?

I have a dual-core and have never overclocked due to poor cooling.
+
(03-07-2011, 10:39 PM)Deltron Wrote: I have a dual-core and have never overclocked due to poor cooling.

Hey I have another question, for some reason I cannot F12 or F11 boot my laptop to overclock via BIOS... Any idea why? And do you know which F Key Combo it is to overclock?
(03-08-2011, 09:32 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: +

Hey I have another question, for some reason I cannot F12 or F11 boot my laptop to overclock via BIOS... Any idea why? And do you know which F Key Combo it is to overclock?
To get into your BIOS it all depends on the manufacturer. Try F2 or ESC. Those work sometimes too. I would be very careful doing this to a laptop. It would be very easy to brick it. It's dangerous on a full desktop with a good cooling system. This is very risky.

Mind giving me the manufacturer's name? It may help in finding the correct key.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-08-2011, 09:35 PM)Codad Law Wrote: To get into your BIOS it all depends on the manufacturer. Try F2 or ESC. Those work sometimes too. I would be very careful doing this to a laptop. It would be very easy to brick it. It's dangerous on a full desktop with a good cooling system. This is very risky.

Mind giving me the manufacturer's name? It may help in finding the correct key.

Thank you for clearing this up, I didn't see that post until now.

And I would agree with Codad Law, laptops are very risky to overclock due to the insufficient cooling. If you are going to OC, make sure you know what you're doing and what temperatures your laptop can handle.
This is a good overclocking guide as far as Bios way goes.

I prefer to use the software that comes with my products to do any overclocking.
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

(03-09-2011, 12:31 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: This is a good overclocking guide as far as Bios way goes.

I prefer to use the software that comes with my products to do any overclocking.

Using software to overclock is unstable compared to using BIOS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Intel Overclocking Guide tusku 27 6,902 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Some CPU overclocking Spooony 3 1,723 05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Spooony
  Overclocking Splodge0007 5 1,562 04-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Spooony
  [EaZy TuToRiAl] How to Block 99.9% of Ads on Google Chrome [EaZy TuToRiAl] Resistance 7 1,095 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Microsoft