Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVG & Malwarebytes
If I have these two running together, will there be a problem.
Also if I download an infected file, will Malwarebytes automatically notify me or not?

If this helps?:

My AVG is the free edition.
Malwarebytes is the pro edition.
I also have Zone Alarm Pro 2010
No, they will not cause any trouble when running at the same time.
Im not sure about the automatic notify pop-windows, as Im not really a expert of that software. But If I remember correct, doesn't the pro version have this option aswell? Atleast I think, I redt something about it at the malwarebytes menu.

If you're using Zone Alarm as an firewall, it won't cause any problems when running with these softwares either.
(10-14-2009, 02:21 PM)Combo Wrote: If I have these two running together, will there be a problem.
Also if I download an infected file, will Malwarebytes automatically notify me or not?

If this helps?:

My AVG is the free edition.
Malwarebytes is the pro edition.
I also have Zone Alarm Pro 2010

Those programs should not conflict with each other. MBAM and/or AVG will notify you of any infected files you download.

If you want to know what I personally use just PM me.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Hello;

As long as you're not running to Anti-Viruses together such as Avast, and Avira. Or another combination, then you should be fine.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
You'll be fine with that setup, altho, if i was you.. I'd change the Antivirus to Kaspersky, but thats just my opinion.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
You'll be fine running those two programs.
MBAM Pro has realtime protection, so yes, it'll notify you. The same with AVG.
Thank you for your help. Smile
Also, I don't fancy messing around switching to kasperspy when I've never had any issues with AVG.

I've also bookmarked this thread so I can rep the ones who helped when I reach the post count needed.
I don't use any of the AV/AM/AS's you mention. I couldn't tell you if they live well together. I hate AVG so bad just had to tell you. It looks so cheap and nasty. I would advise Avast or Avira (both good freeware) and a few antispyware progs. Some AV's live well together, other's don't; most of the time they think one another is a virus/infection which can cause problems.

-Zone Alarm Pro is the go, you hit that one on the head.

Avast has a real time scanner and if you try download an infected file that it knows about it will prompt you with a siren warning and a mans voice saying "warning a virus has been detected".
Overall i can say nothing but good things about it so far, hasn't failed me like AVG did once upon a time, but that's another bedtime story i will save for later.

AV/AM: Avast, Avira, Kaspersky (not free)

AS: i like a variety of the freebies.

Firewall: I use the same firewall you have Zone Alarm Pro.

Keep it all up to date and you shouldn't have many problems, i don't Smile

hello mate.

its actually one of the best detection setups i know too use mbam and avast too detect viruses ect.

its becouse if you use mbam too do a full sys scan avast will scan em as wel as mbam try's too open every file mbam opens.
so its a nice combo.

regards nullsession
I use AVG anti virus and Malwarebytes...

There is a "Pro" version of Malwarebytes?
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help to update AVG? TobyCordova 0 760 12-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and how to use it. Skill 30 7,009 12-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Last Post: smartjenny
  [Solved my own problem :P] Where is MalwareBytes' Information located in Registry? Resistance 3 1,954 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Reality
  [Tutorial] How to use - Malwarebytes Anti Malware Codine 2 1,847 11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Codine