Support Forums
AVG & Malwarebytes - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Virus Protection, Removals, and HJT Team (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Computer Security, Firewalls, and Antivirus (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: AVG & Malwarebytes (/showthread.php?tid=1503)

Pages: 1 2

AVG & Malwarebytes - Combo - 10-14-2009

If I have these two running together, will there be a problem.
Also if I download an infected file, will Malwarebytes automatically notify me or not?

If this helps?:

My AVG is the free edition.
Malwarebytes is the pro edition.
I also have Zone Alarm Pro 2010

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Templya - 10-14-2009

No, they will not cause any trouble when running at the same time.
Im not sure about the automatic notify pop-windows, as Im not really a expert of that software. But If I remember correct, doesn't the pro version have this option aswell? Atleast I think, I redt something about it at the malwarebytes menu.

If you're using Zone Alarm as an firewall, it won't cause any problems when running with these softwares either.

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Viciousness - 10-14-2009

(10-14-2009, 02:21 PM)Combo Wrote: If I have these two running together, will there be a problem.
Also if I download an infected file, will Malwarebytes automatically notify me or not?

If this helps?:

My AVG is the free edition.
Malwarebytes is the pro edition.
I also have Zone Alarm Pro 2010

Those programs should not conflict with each other. MBAM and/or AVG will notify you of any infected files you download.

If you want to know what I personally use just PM me.

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Lord_Scorch - 10-14-2009

Hello;

As long as you're not running to Anti-Viruses together such as Avast, and Avira. Or another combination, then you should be fine.

-LS

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Codine - 10-14-2009

You'll be fine with that setup, altho, if i was you.. I'd change the Antivirus to Kaspersky, but thats just my opinion.

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Elektrisk - 10-14-2009

You'll be fine running those two programs.
MBAM Pro has realtime protection, so yes, it'll notify you. The same with AVG.

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Combo - 10-15-2009

Thank you for your help. Smile
Also, I don't fancy messing around switching to kasperspy when I've never had any issues with AVG.

I've also bookmarked this thread so I can rep the ones who helped when I reach the post count needed.

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - cheeseburger - 10-15-2009

I don't use any of the AV/AM/AS's you mention. I couldn't tell you if they live well together. I hate AVG so bad just had to tell you. It looks so cheap and nasty. I would advise Avast or Avira (both good freeware) and a few antispyware progs. Some AV's live well together, other's don't; most of the time they think one another is a virus/infection which can cause problems.

-Zone Alarm Pro is the go, you hit that one on the head.

Avast has a real time scanner and if you try download an infected file that it knows about it will prompt you with a siren warning and a mans voice saying "warning a virus has been detected".
Overall i can say nothing but good things about it so far, hasn't failed me like AVG did once upon a time, but that's another bedtime story i will save for later.

AV/AM: Avast, Avira, Kaspersky (not free)

AS: i like a variety of the freebies.

Firewall: I use the same firewall you have Zone Alarm Pro.

Keep it all up to date and you shouldn't have many problems, i don't Smile

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - nullsession - 10-15-2009

hello mate.

its actually one of the best detection setups i know too use mbam and avast too detect viruses ect.

its becouse if you use mbam too do a full sys scan avast will scan em as wel as mbam try's too open every file mbam opens.
so its a nice combo.

regards nullsession

RE: AVG & Malwarebytes - Red X - 10-18-2009

I use AVG anti virus and Malwarebytes...

There is a "Pro" version of Malwarebytes?