Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Computer Business!
Sort of young to make a business but good luck.
[Image: 2pzmq21.png]
I've thought about this before, but then I've also thought about the hassle it involves.
Pretty cool, go on.
You may want to start out by fixing computers for your friends and family. You'll be able to get some testimonials from them which will help out your sales (especially if you're in a small town). Word of mouth should spread your service around so eventually people will consult you rather than the competing computer business in town. You could advertise in the local paper / craigslist that you offer a cheap computer repair, malware removal, optimisation, etc. service. Decide what your time is worth for you, and offer a competitive price to what the computer shop charges.

Make sure you check to see whether this kind of business is legal in your area. I'm an Australian, and we encourage our young people to work. However, it may be different where you live.
You could go to a computer store and ask them about if you could work there.
Keep up with what you're doing until you turn 16. Then try to score a job at a repair place.
[Image: idqWqk.png]
I have a similar interest and I have already begun online. You can make yourself known in the cyber world first and apply those skills to real life
(10-04-2010, 04:38 PM)Thomas® Wrote: I would tend to agree with DAMINK with the whole too young thing, however there is a compromise you may wish to look into. Fix people's computers, and if word spreads around that you're good with that kind of stuff and that you know what you're doing just have people drop their computers off at your house, and fix them. Who knows, if you have enough customers maybe you could live up to your dream.

I agree,maybe you can do this and see where it gets you.
(12-21-2010, 08:33 PM)melekhchanger Wrote: You may want to start out by fixing computers for your friends and family. You'll be able to get some testimonials from them which will help out your sales (especially if you're in a small town). Word of mouth should spread your service around so eventually people will consult you rather than the competing computer business in town. You could advertise in the local paper / craigslist that you offer a cheap computer repair, malware removal, optimisation, etc. service. Decide what your time is worth for you, and offer a competitive price to what the computer shop charges.

Make sure you check to see whether this kind of business is legal in your area. I'm an Australian, and we encourage our young people to work. However, it may be different where you live.

This is a detailed idea, and I concur.

Good luck with it mate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real Estate Business 13th 0 446 07-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: 13th
  Need help setting up my own business 13th 5 724 12-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Anyone own a business? Kaotic 15 2,781 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Ethical Hxer
  Tips for getting small business loan. MICHAEL55 10 2,241 10-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Ethical Hxer