Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Computer Business!
(10-04-2010, 05:03 PM)Sickshot Wrote: You can try your local craigslist or newspaper ads to get the word out.

Tell people at school too, offer to do it free once and if they need help again it'll cost $10-$20.

I have told my parents about newspaper ads but they were like hold off due to the fact there is no telling who i would get to do something for. And working with computer and other peoples privacy is another thing as well. Most people don't trust each other.
Get a bit of experience before you start your own company, do it for family and friends on the side though.
(10-06-2010, 02:56 PM)JMK940 Wrote: Get a bit of experience before you start your own company, do it for family and friends on the side though.

That's where I'm trying to start out at right now. Its not going to well Tongue
I dont really think that age matters in this case, you should keep up your ideas. If you dont you will never know what it could become. Maybe it could be a million dollar idea?
(10-06-2010, 04:36 PM)⌨⑂∞☢ ∃ ⊥ ∀ н ☢∞⑂⌨™ Wrote: I dont really think that age matters in this case, you should keep up your ideas. If you dont you will never know what it could become. Maybe it could be a million dollar idea?

Age does matter, it greatly limits your opportunity for employment, and the rate at which your business can grow and the way potential clients will see your business on a professional basis.
(10-06-2010, 04:38 PM)Thomas® Wrote: Age does matter, it greatly limits your opportunity for employment, and the rate at which your business can grow and the way potential clients will see your business on a professional basis.

I JUST WANT TO BE OLDER Tongue

I don't like when people don't think you can do something because of your age. People these days are so judgmental (I'm not talking about you Thomas) I'm saying everyone in general. Sad
(10-06-2010, 05:04 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: I JUST WANT TO BE OLDER Tongue

I don't like when people don't think you can do something because of your age. People these days are so judgmental (I'm not talking about you Thomas) I'm saying everyone in general. Sad

I know how you feel. I wasn't saying you couldn't do it, I'm just speaking from the point of view of adults who will judge you based only on the fact that you're not as old as them.
(10-06-2010, 05:34 PM)Thomas® Wrote: I know how you feel. I wasn't saying you couldn't do it, I'm just speaking from the point of view of adults who will judge you based only on the fact that you're not as old as them.

Yep, that's kinda like today. I was sitting in class and next thing you know a teacher told me his fellow staff couldn't change a ink cartridge. Well i was like ok, i walked in changed the cartridge and it was all done. Teachers at my school respect me because i can do well with computers, but out in the real world I'm not sure how their view is on me.
(10-03-2010, 11:36 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Too young IMHO. Unless you can get your parents to be the middle men.
Dont want to sound harsh. But if i wanted someone to fix my pc. I would choose a credible place over a 16 year old who has no qualifications as such. Just experience.
Everyone has experience. Some more than others but most everyone has skills.
I did run a computer repair business for about 3 years. Even i had trouble with this problem.
Because i ran from home i lost business. Because i look the way i do i lost business. (heavily tattooed)
Its a hard one mate. I dont mean any disrespect to you. Far from it.
I am just telling you my experience.
That all said. People would not be concerned by getting a 16 year old to fix there pc if the said 16 year old was in a store ran by adults.
Its a hard situation but thats my experience anyway.

Maybe you're too old just like me (I'm even yonger) but you can open Reseller account, and that's all.
(10-08-2010, 07:48 AM)ariton Wrote: Maybe you're too old just like me (I'm even yonger) but you can open Reseller account, and that's all.

I did have a resellers account, but its harder than you think when its onshore. Most people look for offshore hosting and fairly big size. Or unlimited.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real Estate Business 13th 0 446 07-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: 13th
  Need help setting up my own business 13th 5 724 12-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Anyone own a business? Kaotic 15 2,781 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Ethical Hxer
  Tips for getting small business loan. MICHAEL55 10 2,241 10-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Ethical Hxer
  a business...... sykoprince 7 1,388 04-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Last Post: majordave