Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to GAIN weight?
I wouldn't try to change my body. If you're naturally skinny, then you should probably stay skinny. :p Only try to change if it becomes a problem to your health. Why do you want to gain weight?
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
(10-04-2010, 03:53 PM)Gadget Wrote: I wouldn't try to change my body. If you're naturally skinny, then you should probably stay skinny. :p Only try to change if it becomes a problem to your health. Why do you want to gain weight?

I don't think people realize just how much it can affect someones confidence if they are underweight. It's exactly the same situation with people that are overweight.. Everybody wants a "normal" body that they can feel comfortable in.
He obviously wants to gain weight because he isn't happy with being skinny. It would be like asking a fat bloke, "Why do you want to lose weight?". I myself am quite skinny and I would do anything to gain a bit of extra weight but I have an incredibly fast metabolism so I've given up..
(10-04-2010, 03:59 PM)Fragma Wrote: I don't think people realize just how much it can affect someones confidence if they are underweight. It's exactly the same situation with people that are overweight.. Everybody wants a "normal" body that they can feel comfortable in.
He obviously wants to gain weight because he isn't happy with being skinny. It would be like asking a fat bloke, "Why do you want to lose weight?". I myself am quite skinny and I would do anything to gain a bit of extra weight but I have an incredibly fast metabolism so I've given up..

He's not underweight though, and that's the main problem with todays society.

He's the perfect weight for his age, it's just that everyone around him is fat/overweight so he feels too skinny when he's actually the normal one.
Whatever you do, don't go for junk food. You can gain muscle weight, the "good" kind of weight. Exercise and consume a lot of protein content.

Personally I'm all skin and bones and that's what I'm trying to do in order to gain some muscle.
[Image: 2rrpier.png]
(10-04-2010, 03:47 PM)Techno Wrote: You can just eat a whole bunch, of McDonalds. And everntually you will start to get fat.

But High metabolism has been said and that's the answer

Nah, trust me i can eat McDonalds and Wendy's, both in two days and i wouldn't gain weight.
Take some creatine or some weight gainer, go to a protein shop or a pill sho[ and they will tell you what to do
[Image: es3iok.png]
If you're trying to build muscle you need to eat healthy.

Gaining a bunch of fat won't help you at all, it'll just make you tired quicker and you'll have to burn through the fat before you can start making muscle.

Eat lots of fruit such as apples, oranges, and bananas.

If you're finding yourself to be really sore after exercising then try "Muscle Milk" or "Weigh Protein", the protein will help your muscles heal quicker and stronger.

Be sure to drink lots of milk too, and eat 3 meals a day and you'll start gaining a lot of weight in muscle that way you'll fill out better and be fit too.
(10-04-2010, 04:28 PM)Sickshot Wrote: If you're trying to build muscle you need to eat healthy.

Gaining a bunch of fat won't help you at all, it'll just make you tired quicker and you'll have to burn through the fat before you can start making muscle.

Eat lots of fruit such as apples, oranges, and bananas.

If you're finding yourself to be really sore after exercising then try "Muscle Milk" or "Weigh Protein", the protein will help your muscles heal quicker and stronger.

Be sure to drink lots of milk too, and eat 3 meals a day and you'll start gaining a lot of weight in muscle that way you'll fill out better and be fit too.

I have a bowflex, and i have a bar that weighs 110 pounds. I'm sure that it could build up my muscle. What about Creatine? I have heard people talk about that. Muscle milk and stuff like that is absoluty horrible. I have tasted it before, YUCK Smile
(10-04-2010, 04:44 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: I have a bowflex, and i have a bar that weighs 110 pounds. I'm sure that it could build up my muscle.

Just be sure to start off slow, don't jump right into the highest weight you can or you'll hurt yourself. Work your way up each week and keep adding more weight.

(10-04-2010, 04:44 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: What about Creatine? I have heard people talk about that.

I've personally never heard about it or even used it.

If you want more info about it, click here

(10-04-2010, 04:44 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: Muscle milk and stuff like that is absoluty horrible. I have tasted it before, YUCK Smile

It's not that bad, and if you want you can mix it with chocolate syrup to give it a better taste and a tiny energy boost.

I also suggest drinking/eating your protein AFTER working out as you'll prevent stomach cramps that way.
(10-04-2010, 04:52 PM)Sickshot Wrote: Just be sure to start off slow, don't jump right into the highest weight you can or you'll hurt yourself. Work your way up each week and keep adding more weight.

(10-04-2010, 04:44 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: What about Creatine? I have heard people talk about that.

I've personally never heard about it or even used it.

If you want more info about it, click here

(10-04-2010, 04:44 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: Muscle milk and stuff like that is absoluty horrible. I have tasted it before, YUCK Smile

It's not that bad, and if you want you can mix it with chocolate syrup to give it a better taste and a tiny energy boost.

I also suggest drinking/eating your protein AFTER working out as you'll prevent stomach cramps that way.

Yeah i have had my share of cramps when i use to run like 3 miles a day Sad

I guess all i have to do is get motivated to do all this Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,060 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  I need to gain weight in faster manner ranzuWCB 3 1,368 12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: elizabeth35
  Need to lose weight Kr4z1 25 2,916 07-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: bettymorris
  Trying to gain weight Sodomy 15 4,039 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Alberto
  loosing weight in 30days [ updating every week ] Breakbot 10 1,759 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SoulCake.