Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps
Omz... I had no idea, thanks this was extremely informative.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Reputation should just be disabled completely.
That's my opinion, majority of the rep given is for bullshit reasons anyway.

(10-14-2010, 09:00 PM)cheeseburger Wrote: Reputation should just be disabled completely.
That's my opinion, majority of the rep given is for bullshit reasons anyway.

I posted some time ago about doing exactly that and replacing it with a thankyou button that is post relative with perhaps a postbit to reflect this. That IMHO is more suiting to SF.
But the rep system is atleast operating better now than before.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

the thank you button is good on vB but not mybb

imo if you're going to have a rep system u need to have negative as well
Thats a great idea but what about Marketplace scams?
I think this is great to be honest. Although you cant make two accounts on here, some people are just bitches and go around -Repping. At least on HF you have to show some kind of willing that your committed to HF (By buying Ub3r) to -rep, so therefore if they abuse it may have there account banned, which they wouldn't want after all the time they've put into the forum.
Please familiarise yourself with the site rules - Linking to adult related content is forbidden.
(09-21-2010, 11:02 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I've delete all neutral and negative reps given. Also I've deactivated the anonymous rep plugin.

Currently only positive reps can be given to members. Not even neutral will be allowed. Only staff has the power to give neutral or negative reps.

This decision was based on member complaints along with a desire for SF to remain a place of positive vibes. It's not in the best interest of the community to allow negative reputations.

Thank you.

Seems a nice way to do things. Could cause some rep abuse though.
[Image: FILE.php]
First passed PL on SF.
Really made this place alot better!! Thank you for doing it
a good idea, as this will support a more positive place (:

*also if u see any -rep from a staff you know its legit.
[Image: LiGzX.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ability to give Negative or Neutral Rep for 500+ Posts Thomas 23 3,521 09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 798 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 613 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,172 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous Reps Omniscient 19 2,651 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk