Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More awards?
(09-15-2010, 09:45 PM)`P R O D I G Y™ Wrote: Sorry, I just don't see how that's coding! Pinch

actually your right idk why i was saying coding XD
Like marketing? join www.marketforums.org My user: Weeds
But like i said, new ones are indeed simple. I doubt they will be added, however due to noone ever really getting any anyways.
(09-15-2010, 09:54 PM)`P R O D I G Y™ Wrote: But like i said, new ones are indeed simple. I doubt they will be added, however due to noone ever really getting any anyways.

i agree support forums is very inactive tbh. everytime im on barley anyone is on. so the need for awards is slowly decreasing.
(09-16-2010, 03:28 PM)Dubstep Wrote: i agree support forums is very inactive tbh. everytime im on barley anyone is on. so the need for awards is slowly decreasing.

It's not very inactive. It's just nowhere near as active as HF. (Which I'm guessing you are probably used to).
The forum is picking up very nicely and the member count is increasing all the time.

I think with Support Forums being a place of high quality, Omni is slightly less generous with award giving. (Unlike over at Hack Forums where pretty much everyone has an award of some sort). Awards here actually mean something and should only be given to those who truly deserve it. Yes I do agree though that there are users who do deserve an award but haven't received one yet. This should change and I'm sure once Omni has read through this thread he will consider some members for an award.
(09-16-2010, 03:34 PM)Fragma Wrote: It's not very inactive. It's just nowhere near as active as HF. (Which I'm guessing you are probably used to).
The forum is picking up very nicely and the member count is increasing all the time.

I think with Support Forums being a place of high quality, Omni is slightly less generous with award giving. (Unlike over at Hack Forums where pretty much everyone has an award of some sort). Awards here actually mean something and should only be given to those who truly deserve it. Yes I do agree though that there are users who do deserve an award but haven't received one yet. This should change and I'm sure once Omni has read through this thread he will consider some members for an award.

yes thats what i was getting at there are many members who COMPLETLY eserve an award of somesort but im sure omni will get to them.
Well here is my take. I have been here a while.
If Sam dont have an award then the award system is not working. PERIOD.
I just suggested a few added ones and perhaps a bit more active control.
I understand Omni is a busy man and that is why i proposed staff level control of the awards plugin.
Given Omni himself coded this and is a damn fine coder i assure you he could if not already has this function at his disposal.
Its just if its warranted actually IMHO.
Care to post boss?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(09-17-2010, 12:14 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Well here is my take. I have been here a while.
I understand Omni is a busy man and that is why i proposed staff level control of the awards plugin.
Given Omni himself coded this and is a damn fine coder i assure you he could if not already has this function at his disposal.
Care to post boss?

well i certainly agree with this comment. i guess its all up to him now.and might i add you deserve one yourself.
(09-15-2010, 10:19 AM)Sam Wrote: When upgrading on HF for ub3r the award is auto given when the account is upgraded. So it can be done and I think this is a good idea.

It's not automatic.
I'm wondering why I haven't received the 'Pot of Money' award, considering I have proven myself worthy. Big Grin
Get my avatars here.
(09-17-2010, 12:14 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Well here is my take. I have been here a while.
Care to post boss?

Sam does have an award. But I agree that he should have more than just the one. The list of high quality, deserving members without an award goes on...
If a member doesn't have a award, they probably don't need it. ^^
[Image: Nyan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Establishment Awards creators have revealed 11 more prominent enormous name arbitrato lioscar 0 584 02-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: lioscar
  Awards Katz 7 1,471 12-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Awards Canoris 10 2,091 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Awards Now Setup Omniscient 58 14,811 12-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  Awards Akshay* 23 4,725 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Project Evolution