Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feedback] Sites great but,,,
(08-16-2010, 11:17 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: IMHO quality over quantity is needed at SF currently.
There is far too much quantity not enough quality currently.
I understand whats going on. Not silly but for me i would love to see all award based activity stopped and only generic activity running.
By that i mean Members who want to be here. As Sam said earlier. We are here to help. Not for any rewards.
If only Members who want to be here are here and not Members after an award or whatever then the quality will begin to lift again.
I think SF would benefit from far less threads daily and more focused on actual help.
But its all good. Im here anyway.

I know thats a dream not reality, to gain members you need more then just a forum.
Yes some members simply like to help people out, talk, and have fun on forums.
Some members like the challenge of having lots of rep,posts,awards ect...

Its just a way of getting members, and i know quality over quantity, but for a forums like this, you need quantity or it will die. But of course quality is always appriciated
[Image: Halo%203%202v2.png]
(08-17-2010, 12:09 AM)DJ Joink Wrote: I know thats a dream not reality, to gain members you need more then just a forum.
Yes some members simply like to help people out, talk, and have fun on forums.
Some members like the challenge of having lots of rep,posts,awards ect...

Its just a way of getting members, and i know quality over quantity, but for a forums like this, you need quantity or it will die. But of course quality is always appriciated

Normally i would agree. But SF has taken off pretty quick. And seems to be moving along.
But the award chasers are bordering on spamming the forums. Its really taking away quality from here.
If you read a thread for example and see 20 lqp's then you tend not to regard the thread so highly.
Old dead threads are being bumped which is getting annoying.
Dunno man. Just offering my opinion. (largely goes un noticed anyway)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I'm hurt DAMINK, just because I originally joined because of some award on HF doesn't mean the site didn't grow on me Smile
(08-17-2010, 12:17 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I'm hurt DAMINK, just because I originally joined because of some award on HF doesn't mean the site didn't grow on me Smile

lol. Fact is this. There are many REALLY GOOD members who come here from HF. No question. It will always happen simply because Omni runs both. But the award chasers i mean. You know what i mean mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(08-17-2010, 12:21 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: lol. Fact is this. There are many REALLY GOOD members who come here from HF. No question. It will always happen simply because Omni runs both. But the award chasers i mean. You know what i mean mate.

The same thing happened to me, I came to SF for my support feather, but after a while I completely forgot about it. Now HF isn't even in my top viewed sites for Safari, while SF is!
More is coming and we're getting closer to the point that somethings are required.

As for quantity vs quality. I think part of my job is to create quantity and then reward quality. Eventually as the site grows we actually will punish low quality and work towards higher quality but none of that's possible without quantity to work with. That's just how it works if you want a popular forum. I'm not one of those guys content with 100 posts a month as long as all 100 are high quality. I'd rather have 10,000 posts with 1000 quality. That's the internet in general anyways.

HF for comparison is out of control for quality but I never intended that site to be high quality. The goal with SF is to maintain a higher standard but let's be real. There is no such thing as quality perfection and you have to take the good with the bad.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Oh the anticipation, I am looking forward to these upcoming months.

As for quality, the nature of SF should make this task easier to accomplish. You can't expect quality posts and people from a hacking forum.
(08-17-2010, 03:52 PM)Sam Wrote: You can't expect quality posts and people from a hacking forum.

I was well aware of that in the first couple months.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I recently joined because I'll admit yes, I was going for the feather, but things here seem to be growing on me quite a bit. The people here are a lot nicer and definitely higher quality. I'm starting to like it more and more here.
(08-17-2010, 03:52 PM)Sam Wrote: Oh the anticipation, I am looking forward to these upcoming months.

As for quality, the nature of SF should make this task easier to accomplish. You can't expect quality posts and people from a hacking forum.
To be honest, I only joined HF because it was a big forum, not for the "Hack" part of the name. =/

I don't really agree with the award either, but as long as it's there you might as well try to get it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Signature for use on other sites? Roger Waters 1 513 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 445 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,872 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,880 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Member Feedback Questionnaire Skill 44 9,520 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781