Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feedback] Sites great but,,,
SO yeah, i just joined recently because of HF, and i love this site it is so promising. But members, oubviously this needs more members, more active ones. I know ill be active for a long time. But heres a few ideas anyways

1) On HF, make a new award that members get once they get to lets say 1000 "quality " posts ( i know its over the top but just a idea)
2) vip system, (leet, uber) I loved that system, and how it shows who is a bit more involved then others.
3) usergroups, gamers, coders, media guys. Make groups, these help unite people who love the same stuff, and it makes the forum look much more awesome when members have little user bars above their names.

Well thats all so far but anyways good job omni on this site. love it so far...
[Image: Halo%203%202v2.png]
(08-12-2010, 11:48 PM)DJ Joink Wrote: SO yeah, i just joined recently because of HF, and i love this site it is so promising. But members, oubviously this needs more members, more active ones. I know ill be active for a long time. But heres a few ideas anyways

1) On HF, make a new award that members get once they get to lets say 1000 "quality " posts ( i know its over the top but just a idea)
2) vip system, (leet, uber) I loved that system, and how it shows who is a bit more involved then others.
3) usergroups, gamers, coders, media guys. Make groups, these help unite people who love the same stuff, and it makes the forum look much more awesome when members have little user bars above their names.

Well thats all so far but anyways good job omni on this site. love it so far...

1) There is an HF award.
3) There is an HJT usergroup.

2) Just because HF has something doesn't mean this site needs it. They are not the same site, they never will be, and who says we want it to be?

Making it more like Hf will just be a magnet for more LQ members who do nothing but ask, never give, and at the end of the day (After they get #1 or get denied from a group) they will forget about the site and never come back.
(08-12-2010, 11:52 PM)Road Kamelot Wrote: 1) There is an HF award.
3) There is an HJT usergroup.

2) Just because HF has something doesn't mean this site needs it. They are not the same site, they never will be, and who says we want it to be?

Making it more like Hf will just be a magnet for more LQ members who do nothing but ask, never give, and at the end of the day (After they get #1 or get denied from a group) they will forget about the site and never come back.

Like with any site expansion they will always be LQ, but im just giving ideas,
and for 1 i mean on hf you can get a emblem for 200 posts, well do the same but for 1000 posts
[Image: Halo%203%202v2.png]
This is supportforums.net. Not hackforums.net
Just reminding everyone of this.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I doubt Omni will add payed VIP until the forum is larger if he does at all, also there is no need for anything else IMO, except fresh meat Tongue
Its a support forum.
Whats the point of a VIP area? So you can get special support?
Defies the point of the site. Hell he offers unregistered posts.
Dont break a thing that is already working well. VIP just seems completely stupid here.
The Rules!

Joink, all of these suggestions have been previously suggested many times before.

1. There is an award for 100 quality posts.
2. Suggested before, Omniscient has said that before the addition of any groups will come as the site grows more. He said that he isn't going to add groups the same way as he did on HF.
3. We do unite, however a user-bar doesn't make us.

On a side note, members of this forum really aren't bothered about groups, this is because the reason we enjoy this forum is to offer and receive advice and support. These type of suggested groups I can't see ever happening.
(08-13-2010, 03:19 AM)Sam Wrote: We do unite, however a user-bar doesn't make us.

I love that, it's so true!
I Agree we need to be more active and i as a member shall be more active in the coming weeks.

The award for 1000 quality post would a good idea as you would have to look through the members posts to look for 1000 HQ posts.
Want to learn how to make $$ online
click here.
IMHO quality over quantity is needed at SF currently.
There is far too much quantity not enough quality currently.
I understand whats going on. Not silly but for me i would love to see all award based activity stopped and only generic activity running.
By that i mean Members who want to be here. As Sam said earlier. We are here to help. Not for any rewards.
If only Members who want to be here are here and not Members after an award or whatever then the quality will begin to lift again.
I think SF would benefit from far less threads daily and more focused on actual help.
But its all good. Im here anyway.
The Rules!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Signature for use on other sites? Roger Waters 1 510 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 444 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,872 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,880 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Member Feedback Questionnaire Skill 44 9,513 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781