Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Helpful Sites List for healthy living & lifestyle
Hi guys, I have compiled this list of useful online resources in various areas of Healthy Living & Lifestyle. I hope someone gets some benefit out of this

Muscle Building
  • Scoobys Workshop - This is a fantastic site made by an amazing guy, he helps everyone from beginners to advanced. One of the best free online resources for body buliding and correct nutrition to go with that. Also has a massive friendly advice forum.
  • Muscle Building Tips - This site is one I found, it's a really good source of information and also has a good detailed section on muscle building for women.
  • Safety - This is a small article I found with top 10 tips to work out safely, to avoid injury. It's really worth taking a look if you plan on lifting weights.

Cardiovascular
  • Long/Effective Running - This is a small article I found that gives you some good pointers to run longer and more effectively.
  • Increase Stamina - Some effective top tips to increase your stamina.
  • Eating For Running - This is a very in-depth article about eating properly to maximize your running output. Some useful information if you want to run seriously.
  • Safety - This is a brilliant article with diagrams of correct and effective stretches to stop aches and pains after running.

Eating/Dieting
  • Healthy Eating Plan - This site offers lots of useful information regarding eating correctly.
  • Healthy Eating In-depth - This section of the NHS website offers great eating advice for a few topics such as pregnancy and balanced diets.
  • Healthy Cooking - This site specializes in tasty but healthy food, find some interesting new recipes and get some great healthy meal ideas.
  • Eating Problems - Have you got a problem with eating? Finding hard to stop or are you depressed and so you eat? Visit this site for some good tips and emotional support to help you fight the habit.
  • Diet Debate - This site is a great resource to learn about the different diets and which one is right for you

Health Issues
  • Stop Smoking Tips - This article has 10 great top tips to help you stop smoking. Good and effective methods can be found there.
  • Somking What Is Does! - This is a useful information article that tells you about all the health risks of smoking, give it a read you might learn something important!
  • Cut Down on Alcohol - This is another NHS article on some useful and important information about cutting down drinking
  • Unit Calculator - Drink Diary - Want some assistance with planning how to cut down on your drink? Use this interactive diary to easily plan your reduction. Also calculate your units!
  • Drugs - This is a brilliant resource for drugs, find support groups, tips, information and other useful articles and applications to get the support you may need.

Medical

Please help me develop this list, if you have a good resource that fits the Healthy Living & Lifestyle section then please PM it and I will find a place for it. Thank You!

~ Sam
I do need to do something soon when i get motivated to do it.
I will read it all in depth one day & follow through with some time.

I hope this list helps you with something Big Grin

~ Sam
*BUMP* I posted this when you guy were sleeping I think :S Can I get some feedback or additions please. Thank you.

~ Sam
Anyone else got any comments for this?
Just a suggestion though, if you can change the heading, I think it'll be a lot less vague if you put the title as "The Helpful Sites List for healthy living & lifestyle". I honestly came here under the impression that you'd give basic tips for living and lifestyle and wasn't expecting a list of websites of healthy living and lifestyle.

Medically specific sites:
Accurate and detailed listing of medications:
http://www.rxlist.com/
http://www.drugs.com/

Up to date medical issues and articles made by doctors and experts for the average joe:
http://www.webmd.com/
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Thank you kindly for your comments, I will add those sites now. Thank you!
You're welcome. 5 Stars.

PS: I think self-motivation websites would also be a meaningful addition to the list, after all, where the mind goes, the body, and mental hygiene is also a factor in health as well as sanitation and physical health. Just an idea though.
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Yeh that's a great suggestion. I will see if I can find some good ones.
If you are a health freak and wanna check about the latest research on medicines, diseases, treatment suggestions, etc. then also try to visit nih and cdc websites. There you will get answers of most of your health related querries.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,060 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  "what are some steps to a healthy life?" Gregarious 20 5,123 07-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Assertmeds
  Eating Healthy Baked 16 2,305 10-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: ranzuWCB
  [Lifestyle change] From today of I am ... Vito Scaletta 20 3,333 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Vito Scaletta
  Is it healthy? Party 14 1,516 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Cyba