Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut]
(11-04-2009, 08:51 PM)deathpwnz Wrote: Nice tut man

Thanks. Just trying to help out.
Good, straightforward tutorial. I knew how to partition a Mac, but not a Windows computer, so thanks.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
Test bump.
(11-06-2009, 09:11 PM)Firestar Wrote: Test bump.

Bumping your own threads don't go down well with alot of people. Just to let you know, as i don't want you getting anymore -Reps.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Okay thanks. Sorry. Will not do it again.
I usually make partitions when I am installing new windows, using DOS. I didn't even know this your's method, nice to find. But I fear that if the data lost when we partioned a disk ? I mean that If my C: have 10GB cpaacity, and I have only this partition onmy system, If I partitioned it, Does the data from C: lost or it remains there ?
(11-06-2009, 10:07 PM)zone Wrote: I usually make partitions when I am installing new windows, using DOS. I didn't even know this your's method, nice to find. But I fear that if the data lost when we partioned a disk ? I mean that If my C: have 10GB cpaacity, and I have only this partition onmy system, If I partitioned it, Does the data from C: lost or it remains there ?

It depends on how much you partition it and how much space you're using on the C: drive. For example, if you have a 10 GB capacity, and you're only using 5 GB of it, then you can safely give the other partition 4-5 GB. But it's not recommended to partition your drive when you only have that much space.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
The images are down, even though I already know how to do this.

EDIT: Nvm, i just realized tinypic was blocked on my computer and that's why it's not showing. (i'm at school)
(11-07-2009, 03:14 PM)Korchidoom Wrote: It depends on how much you partition it and how much space you're using on the C: drive. For example, if you have a 10 GB capacity, and you're only using 5 GB of it, then you can safely give the other partition 4-5 GB. But it's not recommended to partition your drive when you only have that much space.
I personally only partition blank drives as to avoid data loss.
@ Firestar

I found an error. You said click device manager but your supposed to use disk management.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,859 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,108 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  [TUT]6 Steps to Troubleshooting PC Issues.[TUT] Codad Law 22 8,424 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  {TUT} Everything About Your PC {TUT} INC3PT!0N™ 16 2,534 07-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Last Post: VIRUZ™
  [TUT] How to Organize Your Desktop Metapod 47 6,312 07-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: djakariuz