Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] How to Organize Your Desktop
Have a disorganized Desktop? Does it growl at you when you log in? Have no idea how to tame the beast? Well then read below for a solution.

BEFORE

* Shortcuts everywhere
* Documents/images everywhere
* Just general disorganization

WHAT TO GET

* Fences (used to create storage boxes on your desktop)
* (optional) [Support Forums: [Tutorial] How to Remove Shortcut Arrow (Win7)]

HOW TO ORGANIZE

1. Start Fences
2. Click Create new fence. Right click on your desktop and drag the area you want your first fence to be. Release and select the drop down option "Create fence here". Create a few of them.
3. Name it so it can be useful to you, I chose Documents, Utilities, and Games.
4. Now you can choose a drop down option if you wish from within Fences. I chose Bottom (3 rows) because I thought it looked nice.
5. Delete all files you don't need. Copies, junk, temporary files, etc.
6. (Optional) If you want shortcut arrows removed, visit my other thread listed above.

AFTER

We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
This is a great tutorial, thanks. I don't have any icons on my desktop though. Tongue
Wow, this is amazing. This looks so sweet! I would +REP if I had 100 posts.
Haha, thanks guys Smile
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
great tutorial there mate. Fences really helps you to organize your desktop items. Smile
thanks for this!
[Image: ic4Itm.png]
I like the Fences app. Thanks a lot for this =)
No problem, thanks guys for the feedback Big Grin
Great tutorial Veryx, help clean my desktop.
The Most Electrifying Man!
[Image: Fav1v.jpg]
thanks for this, downloaded it and now just messing around figuring out what i want to do with it
I'm goin' to do this when I get home. Thanks for sharing, bro.
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]6 Steps to Troubleshooting PC Issues.[TUT] Codad Law 22 8,178 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  [TUT] Make your PC clean & Fast & safe! WITH PICTURES! [/TUT] iRoroana 12 3,293 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: iRoroana
  [Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut] Idiot #1 23 6,834 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: elvinguitar
  [TUT] How to password protect files! [TUT] Codad Law 10 2,437 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: aggouras