Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon?
Haven't seen a thread like this, but are there Pokemon fans? Pokemon Yellow was the very first Game Boy Color game I had gotten and I was so excited to play. I was so excited to have Pikachu follow me xD I've only played through most of the games up until they started getting released for the DS. I don't have a DS and the ROMS I've found don't work well (anti-piracy check, I think).

Any other fans? Big Grin
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
My uncle bought my a GBC and pokemon yellow with it when I was around 3-4, somewhere around there I think. o.o
Took me a couple of years to get to play it properly, (apparently he didn't read that a basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy the game) FML. I tried it out a couple of years later and LOVED it. I played yellow, silver, ruby, emerald, pearl, and recently black just for the nostalgia.

It's getting a bit boring for me though after all these years, all the games are just the same basic outline and the graphics haven't progressed much even by black/white's standards. I'll probably end up paying 30-50 bucks anyway in the future just to have that amazing feeling of pokemon nostalgia though. Smile

I have some links to a decent DS emulator and pokemon black if you want to play it btw.
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
Lol yeah there's a ton of reading in Pokemon games. I got mine when I was 10 or 11, I think. When the game first came out. Also yeah, the storyline for the games is exactly the same and the graphics are pretty much the same...but for me, it's a nostalgia trip. Plus, I like trying to create new Pokemon teams that are undefeatable, or as undefeatable as possible.

Also do you have a good emulator and rom?The last one I tried went black after the introduction :/
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
No$GBA works well for any pokemon game under D&P versions, I think. Here's a link. ;D http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

If you need help finding a rom, just send me a PM and I'll get you one. :3

@OP, Pokemon is awesome. I usually buy and play the games in Japanese and then in English when they're released. I grew up on that stuff. :3 Lapras FTW. I remember getting it in the first games after beating Geovani.
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
I have No$GBA. Guess the ROM was just bad :/

Also, wow, did you understand the Japanese versions? x__x And omg Lapras. So pretty but I never kept it on my team for long.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
Singing in. Stopped playing after Diamond and Pearl
Pretty much same story as you. I was a big fan of Pokemon when their releases was on Gameboy and Nintendo 64.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(03-19-2011, 10:00 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: I have No$GBA. Guess the ROM was just bad :/

Also, wow, did you understand the Japanese versions? x__x And omg Lapras. So pretty but I never kept it on my team for long.

If you know what sounds the characters make you can translate it with a good Japanese-to-English Dictionary. Some words and phrases are memorized. :p Japanese is MUCH easier than English IMO.
I have Pokérus right now.
Oh gawd momma, I just can't stop.
What's happening to me?

I have been playing nonstop.
I have Yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and a WORKING (but unstable) Heartgold version. W00T!

It wasn't hard to track down a working Heartgold, but I have to use the no-freez cheat to not get a black screen after the intro where Prof. Oak loses his mind.
Think about it.
He has to ask if you are a boy or a girl.
You are standing right in front of him.
He tells you, for the 800th time, that the world of Pokémon...is inhabited by Pokémon.
Wat?

Anyway...I'm weird.
I always play as a girl, and my favorite Pokémon is Pachirisu.
I love squirrels for some damn reason.

Look at how F'n cute it is!

[Image: photo-11.jpg]
(03-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Locke Wrote: I have Pokérus right now.
Oh gawd momma, I just can't stop.
What's happening to me?

I have been playing nonstop.
I have Yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and a WORKING (but unstable) Heartgold version. W00T!

It wasn't hard to track down a working Heartgold, but I have to use the no-freez cheat to not get a black screen after the intro where Prof. Oak loses his mind.
Think about it.
He has to ask if you are a boy or a girl.
You are standing right in front of him.
He tells you, for the 800th time, that the world of Pokémon...is inhabited by Pokémon.
Wat?

Anyway...I'm weird.
I always play as a girl, and my favorite Pokémon is Pachirisu.
I love squirrels for some damn reason.

Hah, that's one bad thing about English patches. The translations suck and they are buggy. Japanese is a good language to learn anyways.

I prefer the new flying-squirrel pokemon to pachirisu though. It's so goddamn cute!
[Image: tumblr_l71vtqK01E1qawjdgo1_500.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who here likes Pokemon? Uzi 8 1,428 09-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: HMASERV
  What is your favorite pokemon Emerge™ 145 24,269 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Last Post: adampelletgun
  Your Favorite Pokemon Injection 17 1,756 11-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Ignite.
  POKEMON! Mayhem 80 10,195 10-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Last Post: пinja