Support Forums

Full Version: Pokemon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Haven't seen a thread like this, but are there Pokemon fans? Pokemon Yellow was the very first Game Boy Color game I had gotten and I was so excited to play. I was so excited to have Pikachu follow me xD I've only played through most of the games up until they started getting released for the DS. I don't have a DS and the ROMS I've found don't work well (anti-piracy check, I think).

Any other fans? Big Grin
My uncle bought my a GBC and pokemon yellow with it when I was around 3-4, somewhere around there I think. o.o
Took me a couple of years to get to play it properly, (apparently he didn't read that a basic reading ability is needed to fully enjoy the game) FML. I tried it out a couple of years later and LOVED it. I played yellow, silver, ruby, emerald, pearl, and recently black just for the nostalgia.

It's getting a bit boring for me though after all these years, all the games are just the same basic outline and the graphics haven't progressed much even by black/white's standards. I'll probably end up paying 30-50 bucks anyway in the future just to have that amazing feeling of pokemon nostalgia though. Smile

I have some links to a decent DS emulator and pokemon black if you want to play it btw.
Lol yeah there's a ton of reading in Pokemon games. I got mine when I was 10 or 11, I think. When the game first came out. Also yeah, the storyline for the games is exactly the same and the graphics are pretty much the same...but for me, it's a nostalgia trip. Plus, I like trying to create new Pokemon teams that are undefeatable, or as undefeatable as possible.

Also do you have a good emulator and rom?The last one I tried went black after the introduction :/
No$GBA works well for any pokemon game under D&P versions, I think. Here's a link. ;D http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

If you need help finding a rom, just send me a PM and I'll get you one. :3

@OP, Pokemon is awesome. I usually buy and play the games in Japanese and then in English when they're released. I grew up on that stuff. :3 Lapras FTW. I remember getting it in the first games after beating Geovani.
I have No$GBA. Guess the ROM was just bad :/

Also, wow, did you understand the Japanese versions? x__x And omg Lapras. So pretty but I never kept it on my team for long.
Singing in. Stopped playing after Diamond and Pearl
Pretty much same story as you. I was a big fan of Pokemon when their releases was on Gameboy and Nintendo 64.
(03-19-2011, 10:00 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I have No$GBA. Guess the ROM was just bad :/

Also, wow, did you understand the Japanese versions? x__x And omg Lapras. So pretty but I never kept it on my team for long.

If you know what sounds the characters make you can translate it with a good Japanese-to-English Dictionary. Some words and phrases are memorized. :p Japanese is MUCH easier than English IMO.
I have Pokérus right now.
Oh gawd momma, I just can't stop.
What's happening to me?

I have been playing nonstop.
I have Yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and a WORKING (but unstable) Heartgold version. W00T!

It wasn't hard to track down a working Heartgold, but I have to use the no-freez cheat to not get a black screen after the intro where Prof. Oak loses his mind.
Think about it.
He has to ask if you are a boy or a girl.
You are standing right in front of him.
He tells you, for the 800th time, that the world of Pokémon...is inhabited by Pokémon.
Wat?

Anyway...I'm weird.
I always play as a girl, and my favorite Pokémon is Pachirisu.
I love squirrels for some damn reason.

Look at how F'n cute it is!
(03-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Locke Wrote: [ -> ]I have Pokérus right now.
Oh gawd momma, I just can't stop.
What's happening to me?

I have been playing nonstop.
I have Yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and a WORKING (but unstable) Heartgold version. W00T!

It wasn't hard to track down a working Heartgold, but I have to use the no-freez cheat to not get a black screen after the intro where Prof. Oak loses his mind.
Think about it.
He has to ask if you are a boy or a girl.
You are standing right in front of him.
He tells you, for the 800th time, that the world of Pokémon...is inhabited by Pokémon.
Wat?

Anyway...I'm weird.
I always play as a girl, and my favorite Pokémon is Pachirisu.
I love squirrels for some damn reason.

Hah, that's one bad thing about English patches. The translations suck and they are buggy. Japanese is a good language to learn anyways.

I prefer the new flying-squirrel pokemon to pachirisu though. It's so goddamn cute!
[Image: tumblr_l71vtqK01E1qawjdgo1_500.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6