Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?
Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?
(10-17-2009, 11:53 PM)nevets04 Wrote: Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?

I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
(10-17-2009, 11:55 PM)SupportMaster Wrote: I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.

Javascript on a desktop? Wow. Didn't know that.

Ask on Ubuntu forums I remember a similar one for a server, might do well for you.
(10-17-2009, 11:55 PM)SupportMaster Wrote: I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.

Javascript?? Are you sure about that. I just don't see how you could write a kernel program with Javascript...My kernel trembles in fear...

Plus processes are generally in sleep mode if they are inactive...i.e they receive very little processor time
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wmii window manager g4143 3 615 10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Gone