Support Forums

Full Version: Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?
(10-17-2009, 11:53 PM)nevets04 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a program that closes a window if its inactive for more than a certain time?

I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.
(10-17-2009, 11:55 PM)SupportMaster Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.

Javascript on a desktop? Wow. Didn't know that.

Ask on Ubuntu forums I remember a similar one for a server, might do well for you.
(10-17-2009, 11:55 PM)SupportMaster Wrote: [ -> ]I had a look and couldn't find anything. I doubt there's currently a program that does this, but it wouldn't be difficult to code if you know Javascript. Good luck.

Javascript?? Are you sure about that. I just don't see how you could write a kernel program with Javascript...My kernel trembles in fear...

Plus processes are generally in sleep mode if they are inactive...i.e they receive very little processor time