Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Algebra (foil)?
Ok I have Psats, tomorrow, grade ten math. We are doing things like complex numbers and using foil to solve the algebraic expressions? Tongue Lol I know l33t. But im just trying to make sure I'm doing everything correctly

1). (2+y) (6+y)

my answer is 12+2y+6y+y^2, Is that correct? If not can you explain in detail what I did wrong?
(10-13-2009, 03:37 PM)Socrates Wrote: Ok I have Psats, tomorrow, grade ten math. We are doing things like complex numbers and using foil to solve the algebraic expressions? Tongue Lol I know l33t. But im just trying to make sure I'm doing everything correctly

1). (2+y) (6+y)

my answer is 12+2y+6y+y^2, Is that correct? If not can you explain in detail what I did wrong?

That's right, you're doing it correctly.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Thanks MreGsx had to be sure.Smile
Just a quick side note:

If you need to go on to use your answer in a further question, may I suggest flipping your answer equation around, it just makes using it later on (maybe in simultaneous equations) 100 times easier.
Hello;

What Jamza means is put the values from greatest to smallest, or from your variables to your non-variables. So you should come out with: y^2+8y+12 (Make sure your "Y"s are together. You have to add all similar items. Like: 3x+4x = 7x. And so on.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
(10-13-2009, 05:27 PM)PaNiK Wrote: I wish I was a L33T m47H pR0...
I must have been sleeping that day...

I did foil in 8th grade..
[Image: jcXtui.png]
(10-13-2009, 05:19 PM)Jamza Wrote: Just a quick side note:

If you need to go on to use your answer in a further question, may I suggest flipping your answer equation around, it just makes using it later on (maybe in simultaneous equations) 100 times easier.

Yes,In maths you want everything to Flow.
In Math you want everything to flow. Apparently English wasn't your subject :p
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-13-2009, 06:56 PM)-NitroX Wrote: I did foil in 8th grade..
Yeah me too but certain schools/states do things differently. I know people who had to take physics then chemistry, then living environment, but it was the exact opposite for me
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

Put the variable before the number...

answer is y^2+8y+12

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do u believe is more difficult :Geometry or Algebra? White Knaghelt 13 975 01-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Last Post: m4tth3vv