• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea Discussion: SF Weekly World News
(02-17-2012, 06:43 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Nope. :/
Did you send one? Try sending it again.
Guess it was just my imagination. Doesn't look like I sent it. xD
Anyways, I'm on board to help you with this. It'll be fun! Big Grin
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(02-17-2012, 10:49 AM)D3xus Wrote: Guess it was just my imagination. Doesn't look like I sent it. xD
Anyways, I'm on board to help you with this. It'll be fun! Big Grin

Thanks D3xus. Smile
If you can, send me a PM regarding what you're interested in and we can make a section about that in the news.

I came up with a simple concept design for the header/banner.

Since this will be a community-based project mostly, what do you guys think of it?
A thread got closed recently because it was not a discussion relative to SF. (closed by Labrocca)
I can see this having the same problems.
Discussion would go into political, religious debate more than likely.
This is more of a thing for a "debate" style forum more than a support forum i would have thought.
I have been wrong before though.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-17-2012, 06:14 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: A thread got closed recently because it was not a discussion relative to SF. (closed by Labrocca)
I can see this having the same problems.
Discussion would go into political, religious debate more than likely.
This is more of a thing for a "debate" style forum more than a support forum i would have thought.
I have been wrong before though.

To be fair, that was a touchy subject which was up for discussion. I will make sure there won't be anything that volatile on the news as we want to preserve the safe and supportive atmosphere of SF.
I have PM'd him regarding this project and if he gives the go ahead, then I'll work on a layout and we can start contributing towards the content.
Touchy subject, maybe. But we had an amazing debate about it, everything was done maturely and no flaming happened. So I don't really see why Omni closed it. (Personaly I believe it's because he's from the US)

I hope Omni does give the go-ahead for this though, it'd be a great way to bring some content to the forum.
(02-18-2012, 03:22 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Touchy subject, maybe. But we had an amazing debate about it, everything was done maturely and no flaming happened. So I don't really see why Omni closed it. (Personaly I believe it's because he's from the US)

I hope Omni does give the go-ahead for this though, it'd be a great way to bring some content to the forum.

I really do hope so too. He hasn't been on in quite a while, being busy with HF and all.
This could really be a great boost of activity for SF and a great community project.
I really do apologize for bumping this up, but I think in light of recent discussions, this might actually be of use. What do you guys think?
I will be ready to help you BlackChaos.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Thats great Kewlz. Thumbsup
I'm sure garnering support for the idea won't be a problem once I find out whether Omni is up for the idea. He's remained silent about it thus far.
If he's hesitant, I would atleast like a probationary period for which we could attempt to implement this idea as I think it could be invaluable to a forum like SF.
Nothing happens here that no one isn't aware of. We're a small group of regulars.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Signature for use on other sites? Roger Waters 1 528 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  An idea for the SF twitter D3xus 24 3,101 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: DoX
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 10,237 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Where do we create news threads? wtftwice 2 871 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: wtftwice
  [Suggestion] News/Politics Section Nemmyy 8 1,346 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy