Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] News/Politics Section
I think it would be good to have a news/politics section. It should be pretty well used since there are so many topics in the news that anyone can be interested.
Seems interesting. I like this idea. Oui
Maybe but I don't see how it relates to Support and it's not the best topic to split from Oshit imho. I think this suggestion is premature.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I agree, it isn't support related, but there are other things here that aren't either like the Oshit area and the Market Place. I just think it would be good to have an area to talk about current events; there isn't anywhere else I could think of posting stuff like that.
(06-03-2010, 01:37 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I think it would be good to have a news/politics section. It should be pretty well used since there are so many topics in the news that anyone can be interested.

I agree with that. The only problem is, is that a lot of people can get worked up over politics, so there should be rules to follow in that section. Other then that, I think it is a good idea because we can see the opinions on other people with politics.

Yes, we should have a section for that.
How about an "In the news" section where people can post a link to a news article then discuss their thoughts on it. On another site though where they have something similar though they had a problem with arguments so they had to restrict access to those over 100 posts or something and banned people from that forum if they got out of hand.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(06-07-2010, 07:21 PM)Tim Wrote: How about an "In the news" section where people can post a link to a news article then discuss their thoughts on it. On another site though where they have something similar though they had a problem with arguments so they had to restrict access to those over 100 posts or something and banned people from that forum if they got out of hand.

Great idea Tim!
(06-07-2010, 07:21 PM)Tim Wrote: How about an "In the news" section where people can post a link to a news article then discuss their thoughts on it.

Why not post news in OSHIT?
OSHIT is an area where generally stupid and things that aren't serious are posted. News deserves its own section.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,251 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 769 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  How about a Science, Religion, Philosophy, and Politics forum? C4Vendetta 7 706 05-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Canoris
  Idea Discussion: SF Weekly World News BlackChaos 22 4,255 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  [Suggestion] Debate Section Hуѕтєяιa X™ 8 2,252 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™