Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All SF Coders.. READ ME!?! (Apply's to all coding sections)
(04-12-2011, 07:19 PM)The High Roller Wrote: So, who's going to host the contestests, who's voting on best releases, and who is breaking the news to Omni???

You don't need to give news to Omni that we're starting competitions, That's something that should be taken from the initiative of dedicated coders on the forum. It's basically like the GFX battles, you don't need to message Omni just to host one.

What i've seen on other competitions for coding is someone gives an idea for a program. Multiple members make an entry with their program submission. And the best overall program gets voted for the winner.
(04-12-2011, 07:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: You don't need to give news to Omni that we're starting competitions, That's something that should be taken from the initiative of dedicated coders on the forum. It's basically like the GFX battles, you don't need to message Omni just to host one.

What i've seen on other competitions for coding is someone gives an idea for a program. Multiple members make an entry with their program submission. And the best overall program gets voted for the winner.

I mean I think we should give release awards, you know like GFX you get that lil' icon under your post count? Yeah, I think we should have a coder of the month and coder of the year. We should host it every new years! That would be awesome. Alright. I am liking this. I am going to gather all coders!
Everyone go here for a somewhat more organized thought of what We Coders shall be doing.
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=17961
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-12-2011, 07:41 PM)The High Roller Wrote: I am going to gather all coders!

Haha for some reason this made me laugh. Roflmao

I think the first step would be to get a SF Coders group going... I think that would make people start wanting to be more active. But there have been some good ideas... the only thing I see going wrong with Coder of the Month.. is that there is not enough activity yet to make it legit.

I'd say start off with a coding challenge instead of a competition. But High Roller has already started a new thread.. so I guess we shall see how it turns out.
Maybe more sections and different Languages.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Coders - Icon Changer - Project 1 Arron XR 14 3,995 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Last Post: malis2007
  [SF Coders]Imageshack.Us Image Scraper ★Cooldude★ 7 2,855 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  [SF Coders] Grabbing an Icon from a File and Saving! [TUT] milopeach 13 3,279 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: OnyxDev
  [SF Coders] Password Generator ★Cooldude★ 23 10,862 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [SF Coders] Converting between SteamID's and Friend Profile ID's milopeach 5 2,165 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane