Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calling All Coders in All Coding Languages [Now Accepting Contestants]
Nothing is Official just yet, I have messaged Omniscient to see what he thinks.

Hello Fellow Coders! (Please post if your a coder of any type, newbie, intermediate, master) doesn't matter! We as coders in general (KoBE) thought that we should jazz it up here at SF. We are willing to host a Coder of the month contest most likely starting next May (not official).

There will be a thread in VB.NET section for each contest, obviously hosted by somebody thats not a coder (logically, it would be unfair to have a judge in the contest, duh Roflmao).

We Decided the Following Together:
  • The Voters are everyone in SupportForums
  • How To Submit your Release (Make spoiler, screenshot, source code, download link)
  • Certain Set-Coding Themes for Releases (Internet Based, Tweaking Based, Shortcut Based, GUI Based etc...)
  • Coding Restrictions (The Contest Rules)
  • Mention more, and we will add to the list to discuss.
  • Consecutive Contest Wins = King Coder (or some cool name).

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
19 Coding Contestant Entrees Left
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Contestant Roster (Month of May 2011):
  • 1. RDCA
  • 2. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 3. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 4. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 5. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 6. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 7. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 8. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 9. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 10. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 11. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 12. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 13. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 14. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 15. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 16. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 17. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 18. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 19. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 20. Private Message Me or KoBE
  • 21. Private Message Me or KoBE

Judging Positions (Month of May 2011):

• Everyone on SupportForums (Submit Votes by Private messaging Me with the number of the Contestant next to their name in the above list)

Everyone has to thank KoBE for the idea.

Non-coders, post away and help us out too!

[Image: t5BWm.png]
Yea I am a pretty good coder. So whats the challenge for this month?
(04-12-2011, 07:53 PM)RDCA Wrote: Yea I am a pretty good coder. So whats the challenge for this month?

I am not sure, we need a non coder to decide that. Most likely someone in the Geek Squad if you ask me. It is really disturbing me that the coders group has not even yet become official.
(04-12-2011, 08:00 PM)The High Roller Wrote: I am not sure, we need a non coder to decide that. Most likely someone in the Geek Squad if you ask me. It is really disturbing me that the coders group has not even yet become official.
Why can't it be a coder. They can't participate when they chose. Becuase some one who is non coding orientated might think of some impossible things.
(04-12-2011, 08:08 PM)RDCA Wrote: Why can't it be a coder. They can't participate when they chose. Becuase some one who is non coding orientated might think of some impossible things.

WOW! So true. It must be an experienced coder. How about me!??!?! I was coding for over 2 years now, and I am pretty experienced at it too. But now we need a contestant roster too.
(04-12-2011, 08:17 PM)The High Roller Wrote: WOW! So true. It must be an experienced coder. How about me!??!?! I was coding for over 2 years now, and I am pretty experienced at it too. But now we need a contestant roster too.
Sure and we can alternate people each month/ week. Well start making a list and you can count me in.
(04-12-2011, 08:20 PM)RDCA Wrote: Sure and we can alternate people each month/ week. Well start making a list and you can count me in.

Alrighty! I like to hear that.
I don't like the awards idea. I just don't think the Coding Section is an active enough section to rate one (yet). And as far as judging... I think everyone that participates should get 1 vote, and you can't vote for yourself. That would make things simpler.

On another note... this doesn't have to be 'Official'. Yeah if you want awards or something, but I doubt Omni would go for that. I don't think we'd have to wait till May either. It looks as though 3 people are already in.. so why not make one for next week?

My thoughts
: Wait till you hear back from Omni since you already PM'd him. Go from there, but whichever his response is we can still hold a coding challenge/contest officially or not.
Judging positions? Why don't we just have the general community of SF as the judges. It would involve non-coders as well to make this area even more popular. I think it would make a lot more sense to me, then The High Roller can join in the contestant side as well.
(04-12-2011, 10:04 PM)Infinity Wrote: Judging positions? Why don't we just have the general community of SF as the judges. It would involve non-coders as well to make this area even more popular. I think it would make a lot more sense to me, then The High Roller can join in the contestant side as well.

That's kind of what I was trying to say. I like the idea of getting everyone involved. That'd be easy too.. just make a poll and voila.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Coders - Icon Changer - Project 1 Arron XR 14 3,929 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Last Post: malis2007
  [SF Coders]Imageshack.Us Image Scraper ★Cooldude★ 7 2,794 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  [SF Coders] Grabbing an Icon from a File and Saving! [TUT] milopeach 13 3,213 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: OnyxDev
  [SF Coders] Password Generator ★Cooldude★ 23 10,792 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [SF Coders] Converting between SteamID's and Friend Profile ID's milopeach 5 2,132 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane