Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All SF Coders.. READ ME!?! (Apply's to all coding sections)
This section needs some serious attention. I understand that HF's coding section is particularly active so it is just as easy to go and post there with questions/anything. But, there are still experienced coders here.

So...

If you would like to see a more active Coding section, post ideas below on what you think would help the activity in the coding section. Or post reasons on why you don't think people post here and maybe we can find solutions.

Here are some of my thoughts:
  • Have Coding Challenge/Contest?
  • Have a coder of the Month type Thread?
I think if we could get the SF Coders group official, and make an active requirement, that would entice people to want to be active. (Members will be active to get that title under their name)
Fragma: What do we have to do to make that happen? (I ask you because it appears you are the last active member to be in charge of that group)

Everyone else: Post you opinions. If nobody posts, then what's the point of having this section at all? I think there are people that visit this section, but find it easier and faster to get a response else where. We need to change that perception.
Release of the month? program release that is. Smile
I wanted a general section for all other languages not included but it was declined as the coding section isn't popular enough.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(04-11-2011, 12:55 PM)Untouch Wrote: Release of the month? program release that is. Smile
I wanted a general section for all other languages not included but it was declined as the coding section isn't popular enough.

Release of the Month is a good idea...
You know i'd be your Competition KoBE, we are the only ones active here on the coding section. But I am one of the only people that release applications too. I have a ton, I don't want to use up all my application, i'd say I have got 100. Smile
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-11-2011, 08:09 PM)The High Roller Wrote: You know i'd be your Competition KoBE, we are the only ones active here on the coding section. But I am one of the only people that release applications too. I have a ton, I don't want to use up all my application, i'd say I have got 100. Smile

There are plenty of people on here that can code... it's just a matter of people being active. Hell, this thread has still only gotten 3 people in it...
We need more coders guys, what can we do? I am totally down for this.
I would say a coding challenge would be an interesting idea. It will get people involved. For release of the month, how many programs do you see people release on the forum on average? Not too many, I think a challenge or competition would be a better jump start.
Have Coding Challenge/Contest? Support, would be fun.
Have a coder of the Month type Thread? Support, many awesome coders.
So, who's going to host the contestests, who's voting on best releases, and who is breaking the news to Omni???
You could come up with a program to make and have the forum or a team work on it together and then release it.
I support all the other ideas too.
I don't even really code Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Coders - Icon Changer - Project 1 Arron XR 14 3,929 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Last Post: malis2007
  [SF Coders]Imageshack.Us Image Scraper ★Cooldude★ 7 2,794 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  [SF Coders] Grabbing an Icon from a File and Saving! [TUT] milopeach 13 3,213 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: OnyxDev
  [SF Coders] Password Generator ★Cooldude★ 23 10,790 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [SF Coders] Converting between SteamID's and Friend Profile ID's milopeach 5 2,132 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane