Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Pet Peeves
When people either type with "tx speak" or do not spell easy words properly and use simple grammar. I'm not great with grammar but some people just take the mick. People who also judge or have a hardline opinion on an issue without even knowing the issue fully also irritate me.
I`ve nvr used it b4 lol no but i don't like to use proper grammer on the internet no point unless making a websight but i nvr use " ` " i did "I`ve" as a joke so lol.
My biggest pet peeve is ignorance.
I don't mean to be racist or anything, but you know them people who make a thread/reply that makes absolutely no sense? I swear, they're all foreigners who don't have much experience in English, and it is really frustrating. You're trying to get information out of them, yet they keep feeding you indistinguishable gibberish. That's my pet peeve.

Quote:"hi,you can not put your customer complain to me,i had told you ,even you have any requirement,i can try my best to help you.and i will try my best to give you a satified reply. you said the quality is not good,why not give me the proof.you said the camera is not good,i agree with you send it back to me,i will check it for you ,why do not give me the proof. you only say the logo,there are the sony Ericsson in the phone,i had promise to make mark for you .why you do not send it to you. when you receive it,you say nothing the quality,you only put your consume complain to me.it is fair to me? why not think "
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Rapture™ / Specify
zzzzzzz
(04-27-2010, 02:46 AM)daneasaur Wrote: Rapture™ / Specify

Couldn't agree more.
(03-07-2010, 03:41 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I guess my biggest pet peeve is lol replies.

lol?

That was just a joke, anyways I am proud that I don't have any. Wait actually I hate flamers. I don't start flame wars, but if I see anyone flaming then I gotta flame against >_>
(04-27-2010, 01:40 AM)Malware Boss Wrote: I don't mean to be racist or anything, but you know them people who make a thread/reply that makes absolutely no sense? I swear, they're all foreigners who don't have much experience in English, and it is really frustrating. You're trying to get information out of them, yet they keep feeding you indistinguishable gibberish. That's my pet peeve.

Uhh, I am foreignerBebe-pleure
I have several. I dislike it when people don't even attempt to write properly. This includes spelling, grammar usage, punctuation, and so on. I can understand if a person is foreign that they aren't going to have impeccable English, but there's a distinct difference between:

"Hello. My English, it's not so good, however you maybe will understand Smile"
vs.
"hi my english s not gud, howver u maybe will understand?"

I hope y'all know what I mean.

Another pet peeve of mine is when people speaking Swedish use shorthand writing. Actually, this is frustrating no matter what language you are speaking, but as someone who speaks Swedish as a second language, it's annoying to read native speakers write like "d" instead of "det", "kmr" for "kommer", "dd" for "du då", "sj?" for "själv?", and so on.

I also dislike it when people omit manners when requesting help. I've seen people in the HijackThis section of HF say, "Analyze my log." without giving an explanation as to what problems they are experiencing or without saying "please" or "thanks".

OH, and this doesn't have to do with people per se, but I really hate it when you go to a webpage and it's ENTIRELY in Flash. Do webmasters not realize how difficult it is to navigate such websites? I once went to a site for a juice company, trying to see if they made a certain type of lemonade, and I could NOT figure out how to navigate their site. I had to click some flower to go to the next page, and the only way I know that was because my cursor turned into a hand or whatever upon hovering over the flower.

Another annoying thing is when people set media, such as music or video(s), to autoplay when you visit their site. I click my 'back' button as fast as possible and don't even think about coming back.
UPPORT, you are capable of typing with correct grammar, however.
I hate when people replace p's with q's and g's and stuff like that.
For example, this retarded post from someone I'm friends with on facebook
Quote:He just qon hurt you & neqlet you well let em say what they wanna i made a promise, to do you riqht & im qonna , qirl i do everythinq i can to prove ima better man , than ya friends think i am ♥
dumbasses...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves Retribute 5 675 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Mehzy
  Post a picture of your favorite pet you have or had. Blazin 4 859 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Blazin
  What do you really hate? [Pet Peeves] Viciousness 45 5,924 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Last Post: robbiecee2