Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Defend against stealers!
Quote:Why would it not be a good idea if it stops stealers?

Because, if you got Keylogged or infected with a RAT, and they saw you type in your master password, then you'd be in deep trouble.
(10-06-2009, 02:38 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Because, if you got Keylogged or infected with a RAT, and they saw you type in your master password, then you'd be in deep trouble.
Same with Sxipper then?
I use a masterpassword with keyscrambler and anti-virus I think im pretty safe.
(10-06-2009, 02:43 PM)SMITHY558 Wrote: Same with Sxipper then?
I use a masterpassword with keyscrambler and anti-virus I think im pretty safe.

Hello.

No, because Sxipper/LastPass fill it for you; you do not type them. You merely click the entry (e.g.; someemail@somedomain.com) and it fills in their email/password. A keylogger would not pick up on that.

Unfortunately, not everyone uses an AV/Keyscrambler.
(10-06-2009, 02:51 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Hello.

No, because Sxipper/LastPass fill it for you; you do not type them. You merely click the entry (e.g.; someemail@somedomain.com) and it fills in their email/password. A keylogger would not pick up on that.

Unfortunately, not everyone uses an AV/Keyscrambler.
But a RAT screen capture would... You method/s are flawed is all im saying, i have nothing more to say, thanks for the information though.
Quote:But a RAT screen capture would... You method/s are flawed is all im saying, i have nothing more to say, thanks for the information though.

No, it wouldn't. If you are using a password manager which displays passwords in cleartext, then maybe you should find a different manager.
As long as you install FireFox to a different directory, and set a master password, you should be fine from most stealers.
PC Tools Firewall Plus is also great, it will stop everything that tries to use the internet and give you a simple block/allow window.
[Image: Lj]
WinPatrol and Keyscrambler are great tools to use in such conditions.
Well there is never a 100% secure against keyloggers/stealers
You always should think before opening files. And if you get infected you should act fast.
If you have any experience about keyloggers/stealers and how they are built. You can 'hack the hacker'
but using Cain & Able to sniff the database of the keylogger/stealer. Or some keyloggers are built in Visual Basic and they are very easy to reflect
and copy the data from the source. I'll bet you find more about this by just googleing it Big Grin
(02-07-2011, 01:29 PM)Tuoseli Wrote: Well there is never a 100% secure against keyloggers/stealers
You always should think before opening files. And if you get infected you should act fast.
If you have any experience about keyloggers/stealers and how they are built. You can 'hack the hacker'
but using Cain & Able to sniff the database of the keylogger/stealer. Or some keyloggers are built in Visual Basic and they are very easy to reflect
and copy the data from the source. I'll bet you find more about this by just googleing it Big Grin

If you don't download anything suspicious and always download everything from virus-free sites you can be safe, but this is rather hard to do as there are many benefical files available to download and it's always much easier to get something free rather than paying for it.

OT: Good tutorial and advice. You have made it short, yet it's still very informative and you have good layout on it.
[Image: siggp.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT]How To Prevent Password Stealers SlimDeath 16 3,291 11-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  [Tutorial]Removing Rogue anti viruses (With large list of)[Tutorial] Xypher 6 2,239 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse
  [Tutorial] How to trace an email[Tutorial] Thomas 18 4,844 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Thomas