Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It won't boot
Background
I have an old emachines desktop computer that I use as a home file server. I took it down for a regular cleaning and I blew out all the dust. I also decided to remove the floppy drive and an extra optical drive in the machine so that I could free up the inside of extra wires for better ventilation.
Problem
When I put it all back together and tried turning it on I would get nothing on the monitor no bios or anything and I get second long beeps in intervals of 4 seconds.
Troubleshooting
I have tried taking out the [ram,cpu,hdd] blowing it out, and reseating it.
Conclusion
I can't figure out why it won't even display the bios startup screen. It should still boot even though I removed non essential hardware shouldn't it?
Take it to Best Buy, have them take a look, I don't know what happened to it.
Problem fixed itself apparently. I left it off for a few hours, came back and turned it on and it worked. It is working now, but I have no idea why.
Oh ok, well thats good, hope it stays that way then hahah
Since you removed something maybe it was just trolling you lol, nr whenever your changing the hardware round always leave it off for awhile so the static (which might of built up) discharges

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disc tray won't open EagerToLearn 3 800 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM jvvsam01 6 866 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,788 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read) Resistance 13 3,135 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Trouble Partitioning HDD Linux dual-boot iDiDiT 4 1,094 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zoidberg