Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected
I've had this problem since I bought this external HD (about a 2 years ago) but I've never felt the need to address it given the fact that I can simply plug the drive to my computer after it starts up. But now, I'm curious to fix it.

I've checked my boot sequence in my system BIOS menu and this is what is currently displayed;

[Image: biosy.jpg]
I did not change any settings.

What are the troubleshooting steps that you guys can offer me to fix this issue? I've heard some talk about enabling 'USB Lgacy Support' but I don't really understand where I'd find that in my system's BIOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It could be a very wide number of problems, its very hard to tell.
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
It happens with me too but how does it matter just reboot it when you unplug the device...
why get into hassles... thats the best way of doing it..
[Image: IYOy9.png]
It could be a wide variety of problems - I don't see anything in the BIOS that would be causing it. The best thing to do would be to just not plug it in until after you turn it on.
(04-12-2012, 02:04 AM)Crystal Wrote: It happens with me too but how does it matter just reboot it when you unplug the device...
why get into hassles... thats the best way of doing it..

Pathetic. This forum is designated to solving PC issues and your advice is "why get into hassles". You should rethink your membership here.
One thing that can cause this is strangely enough 'USB legacy support' (you may find it in your BIOS)

USB legacy support is for systems that don't handle USB input devices (keyboard and mice) properly, but sometimes it can cause a system to hang trying to decide if a external USB hdd is a keyboard.

Might not be related but give it a go.

Dave
This had been resolved a while back. Mods can close it please.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 805 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM jvvsam01 6 866 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read) Resistance 13 3,135 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,070 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  Trouble Partitioning HDD Linux dual-boot iDiDiT 4 1,094 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zoidberg