Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM
Hi. I am not a computer expert at all and struggles with some HDD issues.

I had an old desktop PC(Pentium 3). The HDD is IDE conenction and my operating system is on this HDD.

I bought a new desktop PC. I installed this old HDD with the operating system in the new PC. In the BIOS settings it recognize the HDD. When I switch on the PC is starts the boot process but keeps on going into the screen where it says something like: ..... Windows did not load properly due to hardware or software changes..... It gives me options to choose like Safe Mode, Safe MOde with networking...... Load windows normally.

No matter what option I choose it will reboot and go back to this screen with the options.

If I put this HDD back in the old PC(Pentium 3) it loads Windows XP without problems but taking it back to the new PC it does not want to boot.

Please help
You will need to reinstall windows completely.
Furthermore if you want to keep your data you should use another harddrive to install on and use your old one as a slave drive.
This often happens when your hardware has changed more than windows can deal with.
Drivers etc.
Reinstall is a must IMO mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

sir DAMINK is right you need to reinstall your Windows Operating System. Your Laptop Driver is not compatible on your PC.
It did not load properly because of hardware or software changes.
Thanks guys. I eventually got a new operating system.
Glad to hear you did get it all sorted out mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Very nice resolved issue dude. I am glad.
Well that's good I was going to say the same thing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 805 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,787 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read) Resistance 13 3,135 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Trouble Partitioning HDD Linux dual-boot iDiDiT 4 1,094 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zoidberg
  Help With Duel Boot on Windows 7 magic 3 831 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Last Post: New Jersey