Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Suggestion - Martial Arts Forum.
Hm.

I'm also in martial arts - been doing Taekwondo for around 10 years. Mind you, I'm only 17. Though, I doubt this would make a decent sub-forum.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
(11-07-2009, 02:21 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: Damn I want to be like you hehe :p

I like martial arts, but as they said Martial Arts need to be taught in person in order for one to truly understand the basics of each technique.
I have over 6 years training Taekwondo for self-defense and reach the black belt pony (means that I'm a black belt and under 18 years old.) I really like Martial Arts and I'm thinking of learning new techniques such a Jiu Jitso, kickboxing, and even Kendo.

Maybe I should have wrote I used to fight MMA until about June when my knee pain got so bad I can't do anything really right now lol. The things I did is just kind of an accident, my mom wanted me out of the house year round (baseball, football, hockey, and soccer wasn't enough for her lol). And with the thing for the Army I just happened to be standing in the right place when a school date came in for my unit lol.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Ya I think that you should talk to OMNI for this type of forum.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
(11-07-2009, 09:22 PM)Lord_Scorch Wrote: Hm.

I'm also in martial arts - been doing Taekwondo for around 10 years. Mind you, I'm only 17. Though, I doubt this would make a decent sub-forum.

-LS

I don't think it matter about the belt color. But kinda about the years... I can still kick ass in Sparring.
(11-06-2009, 07:52 AM)Jake Wrote: Well, going back on topic...

First, I doubt it would get very much activity. Second, I can guarantee all the topics you mentioned will not be covered in that forum. If it were put in I would probably see kids teaching random techniques they have learned in movies. I myself am a black belt at Tae Kwon Do, and I know that all groups (aka companies) that teach martial arts, even if the same style (aka Judo, TKD, Karate), the forms will always be different. So again, I think the only thing that would happen is kids share cool martial art attacks/moves and not really post anything useful.

Okay, somebody who is experienced in martial arts.

Thanks for the response.

Having considered what you have said, you are probably correct,
as I know very little about martial arts and I possibly made the error
of suggesting this, because of it's general popularity considering all of the different styles connected with it, thinking that it may just bring more people to the site
and didn't really think that some people may use such a forum, to exchange different moves, as you suggest.

So probably not a good idea then in that respect.
(11-07-2009, 05:15 AM)Grizzly Wrote: I really don't think this is a great idea. Martial Arts is something that needs to be done in person and taught and support given in person. I fight MMA. I have a black belt in Kung Fu and I've been doing Jiu Jitso (with a focus in Brazilian lately) for over 10 years. I'm also a Level 3 Combatives Instructor for the Army. Absolutely nothing that I know could be taught or support given over a forum.

Wow! Another black belt.

I can see now, how your name may suit you...;)

Reading what you have said, I think that you are absolutely correct when you say that you would need to learn these types of skills,
on a personal basis, but the suggestion that I made, probably not that good, didn't even come close to suggesting that anything like this could be taught in a forum!

Although I wasn't specific, I did mention at one point, that maybe people could be referred to another possible thread, regarding what may be available to them to try to help themselves.

What I meant by that, was possibly finding a martial arts center in their own area and that is where they could ultimately learn, not anywhere such as a forum.

The idea for here, was just basically where those interested in this type of thing, could maybe have a place to discuss these sort of matters.

You sound like a bit of a Rambo type of guy, quite.......serious...;)
(11-07-2009, 02:21 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: Damn I want to be like you hehe :p

I like martial arts, but as they said Martial Arts need to be taught in person in order for one to truly understand the basics of each technique.
I have over 6 years training Taekwondo for self-defense and reach the black belt pony (means that I'm a black belt and under 18 years old.) I really like Martial Arts and I'm thinking of learning new techniques such a Jiu Jitso, kickboxing, and even Kendo.

See, it is quite popular, at least 3 black belts already and I guess that the others are maybe just too modest to say that they are also 'Kill Bill' types..;)

But you're all correct, when saying that you need to be taught by professionals, at centers, and my suggestion was really intended,
as a possible way to increase web traffic to this site and was intended to be a type of springboard, if you like,
where those people beginning to develop an interest in this very wide field, could possibly get some useful advice,
from experienced guys like yourselves, who could point them in the right direction
(11-07-2009, 09:22 PM)Lord_Scorch Wrote: Hm.

-LS

So many, well 4 so far.

I know now, who not to pick a fight with here then....;)

Okay, so 4 of you so far, who are quite experienced, maybe experts
in your fields who don't think it a good idea for a sub-forum.

You are all probably correct, and maybe thinking along the lines
of how the martial arts equivalent of script kiddies, could possibly
just use such a forum, as has been suggested, to exchange some moves etc.

Never mind, I now have a better idea about this,
from those who know what they are talking about regarding martial arts, which I can understand.

I guess that I was just thinking in a positive sort of attitude when I posted this thread,
possibly mistakenly believing that it wouldn't be used for negative reasons, but it probably would,
so maybe now is a a good time for this thread to be closed then, as I somehow doubt that anybody will be in favour of this.
OK guys, thanks for all the comments and now may be a suitable time
to close this thread then, seeing as this idea is a bit of a non-starter.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 676 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [suggestion] Fashion forum Psychosis 27 5,772 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,478 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,434 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM