Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] General Software forum
There is a Computer Hardware forum, WhiteHat forum, and different OS forums, but nothing for general softwares.

If I was getting an error for a software I use a lot like Adobe or a web browser where could I post? Or If I had some tuts on different software there should be a correct place to put it.

This is just my opinion, but thanks for reading and taking it into consideration.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

I think this may be a good idea actually.. I usually find a way to logically state whether a suggestion would be rejected, but this one would seem like a fairly good idea to me. It would add on to the responsibilities of the Geek Squad group as well. I'll keep an eye here to see what others think about this. I know there's OS support, and HP and Dell support, even though there are other brands out there. Desktop and hardware support, but software isn't really in there.
(03-08-2011, 10:19 PM)Infinity Wrote: I think this may be a good idea actually.. I usually find a way to logically state whether a suggestion would be rejected, but this one would seem like a fairly good idea to me. It would add on to the responsibilities of the Geek Squad group as well. I'll keep an eye here to see what others think about this. I know there's OS support, and HP and Dell support, even though there are other brands out there. Desktop and hardware support, but software isn't really in there.

I would love this because this is what I do. Sure I know hardware troubleshooting stuff, but I am much better with software. I mean I take classes and get certified for this... Anyways thanks for the support.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

Try the Web Browser Help or Microsoft Support section.
If it wasn't a Microsoft product, I would post it in the Pc Hardware Help and Support

Look at the description.. "If you are having trouble with a PC then make a thread here. Topics will include support for drivers, software or hardware..

It could be good, to make it a little clearer, though.
(03-08-2011, 11:31 PM)Deltron Wrote: Try the Web Browser Help or Microsoft Support section.

That was used as an example. He means for general software though. Where would you go for Adobe help? or other programs and software like Itunes, or Windows Live Messenger?

That wouldn't necessarily involve the Microsoft Support section.
(03-08-2011, 11:39 PM)DaBaws Wrote: If it wasn't a Microsoft product, I would post it in the Pc Hardware Help and Support

Look at the description.. "If you are having trouble with a PC then make a thread here. Topics will include support for drivers, software or hardware..

It could be good, to make it a little clearer, though.

I personally didn't notice this, Omni shouldn't have named it PC hardware help and support. It should just be named "PC Help and Support"

putting hardware in the forum name made me assume that it was only for hardware support for desktop PC's. And I think others had assumed the same since I haven't seen too many software related posts in there.
Agreed.
It should be made a little clearer, that it's for software too Smile.
We definately don't need this.
We already have two areas for software...
http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

One for the PC - "PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support
If you are having trouble with a PC then make a thread here. Topics will include support for drivers, software or hardware."

One for laptops and notebooks - "Laptop and Netbook Help
For all general laptop and netbook support you can post here. Threads would include hardware, drivers, and software support."
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-09-2011, 02:26 AM)Untouch Wrote: We definately don't need this.
We already have two areas for software...
http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

One for the PC - "PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support
If you are having trouble with a PC then make a thread here. Topics will include support for drivers, software or hardware."

One for laptops and notebooks - "Laptop and Netbook Help
For all general laptop and netbook support you can post here. Threads would include hardware, drivers, and software support."
And we definetly don't need the same thing said twice ._.
(03-09-2011, 05:19 AM)DaBaws Wrote: And we definetly don't need the same thing said twice ._.

Yes but did you say about the laptop and notebook section too? no...
[Image: burninglove4.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 679 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [suggestion] Fashion forum Psychosis 27 5,780 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,439 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,831 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  HJT Team + General Cleanup of Computer Security Forum Zurmi 17 3,045 09-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Last Post: N3w_2_H@Ck1n™