Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandriva 2010
(11-04-2009, 07:02 PM)Codine Wrote: Oh, okay! Guess i'll have a play around with some Linux distros, is there any other than ubuntu that you would reccommend?

I hear nice things about mint. Never used it, but people swear by it.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(11-04-2009, 07:05 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I hear nice things about mint. Never used it, but people swear by it.

Think i will have a play around with it.. See how good it is.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
In someways this is like ubuntu but ubuntu's wireless is awsome.

If anyone needs help with getting wireless on ubuntu with a broadcom card then ask me.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
If i buy the paid version, can i install it twice, *Gnome and KDE, on seperate machines?
I love Mandriva Linux. I just got the 2010 version.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
(11-07-2009, 09:35 AM)Korchidoom Wrote: I love Mandriva Linux. I just got the 2010 version.

Yeah I'm stuck on Mandy myself...I still explore the other distros Like Slackare but my main Linux is Mandiva
Slackware 13/ArchLinux - C/Assem/Python
(11-07-2009, 09:40 AM)g4143 Wrote: Yeah I'm stuck on Mandy myself...I still explore the other distros Like Slackare but my main Linux is Mandiva

I like Slackware, openSuse, and Ubuntu.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
Mandriva hands down.

I've been using it for two years, the free 64 versions. It's really quite simple to set everything up and you can install KDE or GNOME or the LX as many times as you want ... don't pay for the Powerpack, just go for the Free or the One versions instead.

Free means that you have to install various drivers and plugins yourself, which is relatively easy to do ... just activate the 'easy urpmi' plf repos. It is 64 or 586.

One means everything you need is already in there and working ... but you only get a 32 bit version of that.

Powerpack is basically the same as the Free version, but all the drivers etc are already there ... like One but you get 32 and 64 bit versions.

KDE means it's a souped up Windows emulator.

GNOME is an Apple Mac emulator.

LX is light on the old chips, so if you've got an older box and KDE chews up too much memory and slows down, then you can use that. It's a light Windows emulator.
That look totally awesome. I'm downloading! Smile
Mandriva 2010 runs gnome so in the end it looks the same as all linux, a shell.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mandriva for sale Gone 4 786 05-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alfonzo1955
  Thinking of moving to mandriva Gone 2 891 05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Gone
  [Mandriva] What's the difference? Jordan L. 10 2,243 03-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Gone
  Mount iso in Mandriva. DAMINK™ 1 985 12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Uhriventis
  Mandriva bug? DAMINK™ 3 896 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Last Post: g4143