Support Forums

Full Version: Mandriva 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mandriva 2010 has just been released

http://www2.mandriva.com/downloads/
Is Mandriva easy to use? As i'm a linux noob.
(11-04-2009, 05:39 PM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]Is Mandriva easy to use? As i'm a linux noob.

As easy as Ubuntu
Oh excellent i think i might have to install this on my laptop. Thanks for the info Smile
I like ubuntu, but i recently tried kubuntu and i like the kde more than the gnome. But fo rsome reason, i can't find a way to get wireless on anything but ubuntu 9i have a broadcom card)
(11-04-2009, 05:46 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]I like ubuntu, but i recently tried kubuntu and i like the kde more than the gnome. But fo rsome reason, i can't find a way to get wireless on anything but ubuntu 9i have a broadcom card)

Try Mandriva it has KDE and its wireless worked every time I tried it...Note all the system and hardware stuff is located in an app call Mandriva Control Center or MCC
What's the diffrence with KDE, and Gnome?
Just the layout, KDE is more like windows. Gnome is something unique in itself.
(11-04-2009, 06:22 PM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]What's the diffrence with KDE, and Gnome?

Just different window managers..You should check out the websites for details
Oh, okay! Guess i'll have a play around with some Linux distros, is there any other than ubuntu that you would reccommend?
Pages: 1 2 3