Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandriva for sale
http://www.mandrivalinux-online.org/news/news.php

Translate yourself, if you can't speak french.

Kinda sad. Sad I've loved Mandrake and Mandriva for a long time. Sad to see it go.
Quote:These days, a number of rumors have circulated about Mandriva.

The policy of Mandriva has always had a part designed to develop acquisitions and investments. In recent years, Mandriva has bought turn Edge IT and Conectiva Linbox. Today Mandriva is in talks with various investors in connection with a redemption procedure. These discussions about the potential acquisition is not new, they were made throughout the life of the firm, and are still current today. We wish to acknowledge formally that Mandriva has not been redeemed.

Like many other companies, Mandriva has been affected by the economic downturn and takes advantage of this period to develop and improve products: a simple and ergonomic dedicated servers (SEM 5.1), the most reliable system of free market managing a fleet of machines (Pulse2), Mandriva Smart Desktop to simplify the use of the workstation business, a distribution dedicated to education. Mandriva is also involved in numerous research projects and is continuously working with its community to further enhance the efficiency and ease of use of its distribution.

We are beginning to reap the results of this development work with thousands of PCs sold, pre-installed with Mandriva Linux OS in South America, Asia and quick sales of Pulse 2 and MES5 in Europe. It is therefore not surprising that Mandriva raises once again the interest of potential redeemers.

Arnaud Laprévote

Mandriva CEO
Quote:LINAGORA major player in innovation and the Open Source edition, confirms in a press release that discussions are underway for the acquisition of part of the assets of the Company Mandriva.

Currently, negotiations are ongoing, the Company Linagora do not wish to provide reviews of what could be the outcome of these discussions.

I have never used it, but i have heard of it.

To bad they are selling it, oh well.
This is sad news Mandriva is my favorite distro but, anything can happen.
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
I hate Mandriva. They are ruining the FOSS community with their proprietary software in combination with FOSS.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of moving to mandriva Gone 2 900 05-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Gone
  [Mandriva] What's the difference? Jordan L. 10 2,262 03-28-2010, 03:32 PM
  Mount iso in Mandriva. DAMINK™ 1 992 12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Uhriventis
  Mandriva 2010 g4143 27 4,696 12-24-2009, 12:40 AM
  Mandriva bug? DAMINK™ 3 912 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM