Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpl - MyBB Theme
Its pretty nice and simple Smile But you blue would have looked better Smile)
Anyways nice try Big Grin
[Image: IYOy9.png]
Thanks for the feedback. I've now added drop down menus, so all I need to do now is sort the login area out.
Anyone fancy registering so that they can test out the navigation for me??
http://www.eplforums.net
It looks good, but that is about it. It doesn't really help people figure out where to go.

1. Add "Home" link that goes to the homepage (I know you can click the logo, but seriously, add it)
2. Rename the profile link to "Profile"
3. Figure out something with User CP and the "Edit Profile." It is a little confusing.

It looks nice, though man. Did you use images or all css for this?
1. Add "Home" link that goes to the homepage (I know you can click the logo, but seriously, add it)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add that now.

I think that would take away the feeling of the navigation being personal to the member. Having their username up top is a nice touch I think.

3. Figure out something with User CP and the "Edit Profile." It is a little confusing.
What's confusing about it? They're 2 separate links. What I might do though is just drop the User CP inside the Options tab.

No images, it's all CSS & Javascript.

Thanks for your feedback, I think I'm still going to have a play around with the order of the navigation. Quite a bit could probably still be done to it. At the minute though, the main priority is fixing the login area.
(02-03-2012, 03:41 PM)Fragma Wrote: 1. Add "Home" link that goes to the homepage (I know you can click the logo, but seriously, add it)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add that now.

I think that would take away the feeling of the navigation being personal to the member. Having their username up top is a nice touch I think.

What's confusing about it? They're 2 separate links. What I might do though is just drop the User CP inside the Options tab.

No images, it's all CSS & Javascript.

Thanks for your feedback, I think I'm still going to have a play around with the order of the navigation. Quite a bit could probably still be done to it. At the minute though, the main priority is fixing the login area.

Yeah, that is what I meant, adding User CP under Options would be a good idea.

And as for the css/javascript comment. Awesome. I hate using images in the nav...image sprites bother me so much lol. Glad to know I can do something neat like this, too.

Good luck.

Yeh images slow the page load time down as well, and CSS buttons are better for SEO I hear, because they're actual text links.

Thanks again for your input.
For the most part they are, but that's not really true, you can have a link to an image in CSS, but you can't give it title and alt attributes if you do that, you only have the text, IF you don't put the text on the image that you're using with the CSS, but that doesn't mean you can't have an img tag with text over top of it either. Although img tags also give you the opportunity to place title and alt tags on top of just having an image.

CSS images are better for page load time though.
Yeh true, I was referring more to the default post bit images that forums use, where the text is part of the image.

By the way you quoted the wrong post. Tongue
(02-03-2012, 05:06 PM)Fragma Wrote: Yeh true, I was referring more to the default post bit images that forums use, where the text is part of the image.

By the way you quoted the wrong post. Tongue

I swear that's not my fault, I recently found out that it was a caching issue with "WaterFox" the new 64 bit version of Firefox that I was testing. So I reverted back to Nightly. Silly, as Firefox can't fix their versions before releasing them. I've had so many caching issues with Firefox lately, and it just seems they become heavily dependent on the user submitted bug reports to help them do 95% of their own program debugging.

Edit: I've quoted about 5 posts wrongly, both on SF and my forum lately, in the past 24 hours that i've been using it, and pages are very screwed up. What a junk browser, I wouldn't recommend anyone try it... Stick with Aurora or Nightly at the latest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamer - Premium Mybb Theme Jitty 1 882 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: https
  Orange Peel - MyBB theme by biasa199 biasa199 14 2,326 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: AdminKorner
  [WIP] Juiced - MyBB Theme [WIP] BreShiE 29 6,590 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,556 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Ambient 1.0 - MyBB Theme Completed BreShiE 22 3,899 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: BreShiE