Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpl - MyBB Theme
Everyone else seems to be making MyBB theme so I thought I'd give it a go.
Here's what I've got so far, after a couple of days work.
(Click to enlarge)

[Image: CoZha.png]

[Image: qVE8u.png]

[Image: L8xPU.png]

I've still got to do the icons, and finish off the CSS buttons, as well as a few other tweaks here and there, but it's pretty much finished.
Pretty cool, it would have been better to see it with all the icons finished to fit the theme though, but I see that's still a WIP from your post Smile

Looks awesome though Fragma, sometimes simple just looks the best.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be releasing it once it's all done, which should be tonight, if not then tomorrow.
The main focus was to literally dumb it down as much as I could whilst still giving people the options to do what they generally do on forums, so you'll notice there isn't a main navigation, as it's been moved out of the way beneath the board stats. I've removed the footer completely as it's not really needed. I've moved the buddy list into the bottom nav and removed the current time stat so that they're not cluttering the panel area, which can now be used for social network buttons.

If anyone can think of anything else that I can strip from the forum to simplify it even more then please let me know! I was considering removing the whole of the panel and replacing it with a couple of drop down menus? But I quite like the look of the panel area so maybe drop downs would make it look too empty.
Updated OP with image of the CSS buttons. Just need to sort out the Multi Quote CSS button, and then I can do the icons.
Alright, it's pretty much done now I think.. All buttons are CSS, I've made a small edit to the current icons so they match the theme, and as far as I'm aware, it should run and look pretty smooth.

You can view a live demo here:
http://eplforums.net/index.php

I'll be releasing it tomorrow afternoon.
It looks similar to one theme I have in mind, so not quite original, but I did state that it still looks good. I think the theme I have in mind is Absolute Black? Absolution Black? It starts with an A, but I can't remember. I think the header though on that theme is completely across the top, and then the forum itself below though.
(01-26-2012, 01:10 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: It looks similar to one theme I have in mind, so not quite original, but I did state that it still looks good. I think the theme I have in mind is Absolute Black? Absolution Black? It starts with an A, but I can't remember. I think the header though on that theme is completely across the top, and then the forum itself below though.

Are you talking about Afresh Black? It's quite different to my theme:
http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/18...0Index.png

Thanks for your comments though.
The shapes in that one are different, but I think I seen another one though that was not like that "Afresh Black" one. Doesn't matter though, this one is still unique.
Looks good Fragma, can't really figure out what to judge here though.
(01-26-2012, 02:11 PM)Laugh Wrote: Looks good Fragma, can't really figure out what to judge here though.

What do you mean?
Any more comments guys? I think I'm probably going to do a userbar pack to go with the themes release.
Still open to ideas also.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamer - Premium Mybb Theme Jitty 1 882 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: https
  Orange Peel - MyBB theme by biasa199 biasa199 14 2,327 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: AdminKorner
  [WIP] Juiced - MyBB Theme [WIP] BreShiE 29 6,603 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,557 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Ambient 1.0 - MyBB Theme Completed BreShiE 22 3,906 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM