Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpl - MyBB Theme
Lol, trust Fragma to produce the best theme, LOL!

Off topic though I find it funny how I start doing one for a laugh, then Laugh does and now you. Let's see if anyone else rises to the challenge.
Looks pretty good, though I feel as if you could have done more with the templates and actual HTML. Moving and changing the looks more. Though this does look good. Keep up the solid work as always.
(01-26-2012, 05:33 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Lol, trust Fragma to produce the best theme, LOL!

Off topic though I find it funny how I start doing one for a laugh, then Laugh does and now you. Let's see if anyone else rises to the challenge.

I was going to make one a while ago, but i'm waiting until 2.0 comes out before I spend any time on it. For a few reasons, as well as getting some newer ideas, and a longer period of planning time.
(01-26-2012, 05:38 PM)RDCA Wrote: Looks pretty good, though I feel as if you could have done more with the templates and actual HTML. Moving and changing the looks more. Though this does look good. Keep up the solid work as always.

The aim was to make it as easy to navigate as possible, and as most members that use MyBB are more familiar with the default layout, I tried to keep that as much as possible. There are a lot of template edits in there though. You probably wouldn't notice a lot of the changes made unless you were a member posting around the forum, as a lot of the changes are very subtle, such as the navigation for example.

I'm thinking I might see what it looks like with some drop downs and if it doesn't look great I'll revert back to how it is now.
It is my first ever full custom theme though so I'm sure I'll do something a little more adventurous on the next one.
(01-26-2012, 05:55 PM)Fragma Wrote: The aim was to make it as easy to navigate as possible, and as most members that use MyBB are more familiar with the default layout, I tried to keep that as much as possible. There are a lot of template edits in there though. You probably wouldn't notice a lot of the changes made unless you were a member posting around the forum, as a lot of the changes are very subtle, such as the navigation for example.

I'm thinking I might see what it looks like with some drop downs and if it doesn't look great I'll revert back to how it is now.
It is my first ever full custom theme though so I'm sure I'll do something a little more adventurous on the next one.

That's true, I hated reverting to a different forum navigational system when I started using forums like IPB and VBulletin, although now i'm practically familiar with all of them now. I wouldn't mind changing things up, as long as it was still easy to navigate though, and it would be a good fresh atmosphere from the usual. I'm personally the kind of person that gets bored of doing the same things over and over. I'd like to see how you mix things up on your next theme then Smile
I've made quite a few new changes to the theme.
The whole panel area has been moved up to the top.
I've also added a pretty nice navigation (similar to Googles current nav)..
If you want to demo the nav then you'll have to register (I haven't done one yet for guests).
Otherwise you can just have a look at the image below:

I'll be adding some nice drop downs on them as well, and hopefully integrating the members avatar into the nav up next to their username.
Some other changes include minor template edits, colour edits, CSS3 edits, and all CSS buttons are now bug free.
Once I add the drop downs and other small changes, I'll be releasing the theme.
I already have some nice plans for the next version. Smile
That's a pretty good theme. In my opinion, simple is good.
Yeh I always prefer simple themes. Thanks for your feedback.
That actually looks Pro ,dude. Nice work on the website.
Thanks.
Nice theme, A little basic for my taste, but looks sleek and sexy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamer - Premium Mybb Theme Jitty 1 882 06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Last Post: https
  Orange Peel - MyBB theme by biasa199 biasa199 14 2,326 06-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: AdminKorner
  [WIP] Juiced - MyBB Theme [WIP] BreShiE 29 6,587 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  Violent Fire [MyBB Theme] Released Peter L 5 1,556 03-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Ambient 1.0 - MyBB Theme Completed BreShiE 22 3,899 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Last Post: BreShiE